Feeding time

Whitdadie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When do most of ya's feed your higher temp scorps? Im guessing at night because from my experience the crickets die from heat before the scorp can eat them, is this the same problem you face? I fed mine last night after lights out (my room is lit up with red lights so i can still see) and this morning both are gone so it must have helped. BTW, most scorps are nocturnal are they not? Thanks!

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
I just feed them whenever I get crickets. They eat them when they want.

John
];')

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I dont feed them, I give'em money so they can go eat whatever they want;P

=D =D =D =D

Whitdadie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
problem with that is i dont have any money to give to them so they can buy their lunch. haha. ok, maybe i can spare .15 for a cricket now and then ;) I buy my crickets by the 1000 to save $$ so i guess he could just do me a favor and i can give him a cricket in return right?

Baphomet

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by Whitdadie
ok, maybe i can spare .15 for a cricket now and then ;) I buy my crickets by the 1000 to save $$ so i guess he could just do me a favor and i can give him a cricket in return right?
15 cents per crickett? when bought in bulk of 1000! :eek:

Geeze...wanna' buy a bridge?

I currently purchase 10,000 a week @ .009 each for large,
$.003 each for two-week olds and pinheads.

We sell them retail at $.05 each for large, and $.03 each for all others.

...15 cents.....I'd soil myself!

Anyway, to answer your question, I usually feed mine in the evening.

Last edited:

Whitdadie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by Baphomet
No, OMG. That is how much they are in the pet store here, 15 cents. I buy them bulk for 17.00 shipped for a 1000. I couldnt imagin spending that much on crickets. Wow, haha. Thanks for the comment on feeding time though!

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No, OMG. That is how much they are in the pet store here, 15 cents. I buy them bulk for 17.00 shipped for a 1000. I couldnt imagin spending that much on crickets. Wow, haha. Thanks for the comment on feeding time though!
I was paying an average of 13.50 shipped for 500, but there were too many "extras" (german cockroaches and phorid flies)sent along with the crickets I have not ordered any for a while. I have several roach colonies and several hundred silkworms that just hatched that I am trying to get going so I don't have to buy any nasty crickets, I also raise rats for feeders.
oh, and I just feed the inverts and reptiles once a week, usually during a weekday afternoon.
Ed

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Baphomet

Geeze...wanna' buy a bridge?

I currently purchase 10,000 a week @ .009 each for large,
$.003 each for two-week olds and pinheads.

We sell them retail at $.05 each for large, and $.03 each for all others.

...15 cents.....I'd soil myself!

Anyway, to answer your question, I usually feed mine in the evening.
so.......you are selling the large crickets at a loss and breaking even for the small crickets?
discount pet center sells the large and small crickets for .09 each, I think petco is .10 for large and .07 for small.
Ed

neveragain

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
actually, if you look closer he buys large ones for 9/10th of 1 cent and small ones for 3/10th of 1 cent. then sells large ones for 5 cents and small ones for 3 cents =D

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by neveragain
actually, if you look closer he buys large ones for 9/10th of 1 cent and small ones for 3/10th of 1 cent. then sells large ones for 5 cents and small ones for 3 cents =D
oops, my mistake........
Ed

Baphomet

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
No, OMG. That is how much they are in the pet store here, 15 cents. I buy them bulk for 17.00 shipped for a 1000.
Whew....ok Whitdadie, that's better. Had me worried there for a second! LOL :D

so.......you are selling the large crickets at a loss and breaking even for the small crickets?
discount pet center sells the large and small crickets for .09 each, I think petco is .10 for large and .07 for small.
Puleeze Ed...you know the owner...not likely that he is gonna sell for a loss! LOL