Feeding Superworms

B.L.

Arachnopeon
Can I feed superworms to my 4 inch T. Blondi? The superworm grows into the Darkling Beetle (zophobas morio) can i feed them also or is their shell to hard? Thanks in advance.

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
you could try but there is no guarantee that the spider will find the superworm interesting enough to eat (due to lack of motion).

the beetles have never been of interest to any spider ive tried to feed them to. ;)

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I been trying to breed mealworms. Part of the process is getting them to adulthood of course. I now have enough beetles to feed all my T'S for a month. So far only my B. Angustum has refused the darkling beetles. My Genic and G.aureostriata eat them up like candy.

B.L.

Arachnopeon
I'm going to try feeding one probably next week she already ate 3 crickets tonight so she's good for a few.

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have fed them before with success.... most of my T's pounce when I drop whatever bug I am feeding so in that instance it would work. I haven't used them in awhile but they wriggle enough for your T to find them I think just drop them close...