Feeding Slings

wignowski85

Arachnopeon
Pet shops should be avoided at all costs. Many of them deal with WC animals, especially adults. And they usally dont know how to care for them. You should buy tarantulas from breeders, eigher private persons or buisnesses
Thx Vanisher. I’ll look around.

Thx, I’ll do some research and looking around.
Ok so I’m back! So my friend ended up getting a refund from Backwater, a miracle it seems! I suggested he wait for me to find a good online dealer of slings for a replacement but he wanted to just buy me one now. He found a juvenile Brachypelma Hamorii from Petsmart (I know, I was cringing) and wanted to ship it to me. I was hesitant but I knew it was his call. I found a great video online to show how to properly ship a spider. It arrived and I’ve had no problems at all.
Now, I have a juvenile Mexican Redknee when I was prepared for a sling. But it’s really awesome! I have been feeding once every like 3-4 days. He doesn’t use the burrow I made but instead webbed up the corner on top of the ground. How does he look?

Attachments

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Feeding once a week is more then enough for a juvenile or older. 👌

Congrats on the refund/proper shipping 👏

Enjoy your new pal! 🕷

-P 🕸

P.S. No need to handle. Can only go bad.👎

fatalgecko

Arachnopeon
Agree. Pink toes, abdominal pattern - thinking Avicularinae but am not familiar enough with those genera to identify beyond that suspicion. I'm sure some of our more learned members can help further. @cold blood , @viper69 , @Venom1080 or any other Avic-experts care to chime in?
I agree, it defiantly doesn't look like a Brachypelma Hamorii. It has all the looks and patterns of an Avicularia

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
My $ is on an avic too though I don't keep them.

Your friend has made your birthday present a MISSION.

But it could have a happy ending!

You need to do a total rebuild though. Look up avic sling setups.

And buy him something he really needs for HIS birthday. Just take some of the parts so he can't build it properly! Give him back a piece a week for a month lmfao! 🤣

Good luck! Hmu if you need help.

wignowski85

Arachnopeon
My $ is on an avic too though I don't keep them.

Your friend has made your birthday present a MISSION.

But it could have a happy ending!

You need to do a total rebuild though. Look up avic sling setups.

And buy him something he really needs for HIS birthday. Just take some of the parts so he can't build it properly! Give him back a piece a week for a month lmfao! 🤣

Good luck! Hmu if you need help.
Thanks, man. I will.

Mini8leggedfreak

Arachnoknight
They replied: “
As you may already know, the shipping process is known to trigger molting in Tarantulas. It happens constantly.

I’ve got a homoeomma chilensis sling that hasn't molted in a couple years maybe I’ll shake the enclosure and throw it around a bit to trigger the molting process.

Hakuna

Arachnoknight
Your “brachypelma” juvie looks exactly like an avic....not a brachy. You sure your friend didn’t use backwater reptiles again? Lmao

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thread soon to be started:Why is my Red Knee Tarantula staying on the sides of its enclosure?
Brotha you are on a roll!

Sequel

Why is my Red Knee Not Eating?

Trilogy

Is my Red Knee Dead or in PreMolt?