Feeding rosehair

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Lately ive noticed that when i put crickets in my rosehair's enclosure she pounces on them in a heartbeat like shes starved but i feed her good enough. Has anyone ever seen their rosie do this and is it normal and should i try 2 feed her a pinkie mouse on rare occasions???

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It is perfectly normal for a predatory animal to be enthusiastic when attacking their prey. I assure you she isn't starving, it's pretty much impossible to starve one of these. How much are you feeding her, and how big is she? (If she's big enough that you're considering pinkies, then two adult crickets a week is PLENTY.)

And no, you do not "need" to feed mice. Besides the possible risk of too much calcium in a T's diet causing molting problems, dead mice STINK. I have a ball python and have dealt with more dead rodents in the last two years than I'd ever before dreamed. {D And with an animal like a tarantula that eats by turning the prey to liquid...ugh. Mouse juice soaking into your substrate, and all the lingering smell and bacteria that entails. I sure wouldn't do it, at least my snake kindly disposes of the evidence for me. {D

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah, your T's fine. it's like me; loves to eat. I just finished up a bowl of macoroni and cheese, as i'm typing. it was good. I'm sure that, to your rosea, a cricket looks like a delicious bowl of maccoroni, just sitting there getting cold, and she wants to gobble it down and enjoy it.

i'm terrible at metaphors...