Feeding question

LV-426

Arachnobaron
I just got 2 Ts the other day on 10/13 from Ken the Bug guy (N chromatus 3'', P cancerides 3+''). The P cancerides took to its new home right away, the nhandu is starting to get more comfortable. I am thinking of feeding them today which is saturday the 15th. should i wait till they feel more at home? i think they are ready

Pyropiscus

Arachnopeon
I would go ahead and try to feed them. If they haven't eaten whatever you give them after an hour or so, then remove the food and try again in a few days. I keep a lot of Pamphos, which will usually eat the day they're unpacked, but every species is different. And sometimes spiders get shipped in premolt, when they aren't eating anyway. Just try it and see.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Personally, I try to feed the T's right away. 90% of the time, they take it and munch happily. Seems to make them more comfortable, in my experience. So go ahead!

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't wait either. Who knows when they ate last, and unless the T is really stressing, I feel a meal will help them settle in.

PIG-

Vespula

Arachnodemon
I usually feed mine when they arrive, also. I think it helps them feel at home. :D

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I don't wait either. Who knows when they ate last, and unless the T is really stressing, I feel a meal will help them settle in.

PIG-
Totally agree, same with MM's....I open them up and let them get some!! LOL!!

LV-426

Arachnobaron
I just feed them yesterday. the N chromatus didnt eat so i took a look and it appears its going into molt due to the darkened bald spot on her abdomen. the phormictopus on the other hand murderded all the crickets first then put them all together and feed on them. now its standing on top of the food bolus:D:clap: