Feeding pre-killed feeders by electrocuting them

VeryLongTime

Arachnopeon
I had been thinking about it lately, If I were to feed my Ts with dubias that I electrocuted with maybe a bug zapper or a stun gun. Would it be safe to feed them with with or should I just stick to feeding them live meals.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I had been thinking about it lately, If I were to feed my Ts with dubias that I electrocuted with maybe a bug zapper or a stun gun. Would it be safe to feed them with with or should I just stick to feeding them live meals.
Animal torture, really!??? Ts are efficient predators, they don't need help from us to eat.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I very much doubt that it's dangerous, but why would you want to? Feeding time is the best part of this hobby.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
I mean, tiny slings can be fed prekilled crickets and things if you don't have prey items. But I mean, why would you go to the trouble of electrocuting them?

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Well duh silly! The gas chamber or lethal injection would leave behind harmful chemicals that would harm the Ts.. Pfff you kids man I'm telling ya! :bored:
Oh, duh, that sounds legit. I'm sorry, you obviously have superiority over me, I'm still a kid and all. Sounds like I have much to learn.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Yeah, man. President Duterte way! No compromise: I suggest to use a Picana like in Argentina; for that those evil B.dubia needs to "speak" and tell us where their buddy, the mites, hide... before falling into the hot kiss of Chelicerae, of course :)

JohnDapiaoen

Arachnobro
Old Timer
I have to feed hundreds of slings and pre-killed prey makes things a bit easier to work with tbh. With a zapper though? probably a bit overkill. I just stick the number of feeders needed in the freezer for 3 minutes then done lol. Best part is if the sling doesn't eat it, there won't be a risk of the feeder becoming the predator cause it's dead.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I have to feed hundreds of slings and pre-killed prey makes things a bit easier to work with tbh. With a zapper though? probably a bit overkill. I just stick the number of feeders needed in the freezer for 3 minutes then done lol. Best part is if the sling doesn't eat it, there won't be a risk of the feeder becoming the predator cause it's dead.
I am only currently feeding 83 slings, but WHY didn't I think of the freezer idea?! Squishing 83 roach nymph heads is too much murder for me LOL

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Let me see...getting an electric zapper at shop, getting batteries, put in batteries, switch the thing on, trying to zap the feeder instead of my own fingers like ten times, feed half burned feeder to T, who looks at it and turns away.

Or just crush the head of the feeder with tweezers, throw it in, T happily catches it, done.

Tough choice...

mistertim

Arachnobaron
I think the best way is to trick the feeders into walking over a covered trap door that then leads down to a little pit of tiny tiny spikes that they can be impaled on. BOOM. Instant kebabs. Its win/win...the tarantulas get their prey kebabs and you get to act on your apparent desire to find strange ways to kill large numbers of small animals.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Electrocution? Hmmm.... no I wouldn't go that extreme. As JohnDapiaoen does, just put feeders in freezer for a few minutes. Done and safe!
@mistertim, where do you find those teeny tiny spikes? A "punji pit" would be fun to fabricate.