Feeding only mealworm Is harmful to Tarantula??

SUKHYUN

Arachnopeon
first of one, I`m not good at Engilsh. sorry about that. anyway, I live in asia that do not access infomaion about Tarantula than you. In my country, Some People insist feed only mealworm is harful for Tarantula reason why mealworm has so much FAT. I know about Tarantula act low action to mealworm. But my country can't exsist any other Insect for Tarantula. Tarantula can eat just Cricket, mealworm. so I post. I hope your anwser to me and have a good day, everyday.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No you can do it.

There have been no comparative scientific studies on the health effects of any food item on Ts.

Brewser

AraneaeRebel
Arachnosupporter
Welcome,
You also mentioned crickets those are fine as well as the mealworms.
What Species of tarantula do you keep?

Last edited:

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter
I feed my Ts mealworm as slings and adults and dubia roaches once there past 2”. So I’ve fed both and had no issues, you could get away with just feeding mealworm. Plus if you want variety you said you can get crickets. I still feed adults xl mealworms.
I wish I had big enough collection for red runners.

Last edited:

Mustafa67

Arachnoknight
first of one, I`m not good at Engilsh. sorry about that. anyway, I live in asia that do not access infomaion about Tarantula than you. In my country, Some People insist feed only mealworm is harful for Tarantula reason why mealworm has so much FAT. I know about Tarantula act low action to mealworm. But my country can't exsist any other Insect for Tarantula. Tarantula can eat just Cricket, mealworm. so I post. I hope your anwser to me and have a good day, everyday.
No

Kada

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Only issue i have with mealworms is they dig into the soil and may not get eaten.

I also like cockroaches (that dont bury undergound) and crickets because the spider will go out and hunt rather than be a lazy pig at a buffet :p

I wonder what the heart attack risk is on a mealworm diet compared to meat like chicken, I mean cricket :hungry: