feeding my ts honeybees

Status
Not open for further replies.

archieph

Arachnosquire
haha

Another Crack Pot on the loose... I'm out. I have something much better to do like watch "dude where's my car".
well i like that movie too.. do a research on "honey and pollen" also what the bees feed to their larvae.. maybe it has everything to do with what im talking about over time.. in my case 4 feedings..

---------- Post added at 03:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 AM ----------

Affecting the vibrancy of your Ts notwithstanding, two things I want to mention:

This has been said but I feel it needs to be repeated. You keep bees, are they allowed to fly off on their own to collect pollen? I can only imagine that they do. Please consider that in doing so, they potentially become contaminated with pesticides, fertilizers, misc. chemicals, parasites, etc. Not good for delicate tarantulas, especially slings.

Secondly, even with their stingers removed, many bees are still formidable. They have powerful mandibles. I'm not sure where in the lineup honeybees are in regards to bite strength (your species especially) but its something to consider if you're looking to take good care of your tarantulas....
just to prove my point in this thread; given ur message, and good point u have in; i will feed only the new hatched bees(not yet exposed to the outside..) during their practice flight i will nag them take the stingers and feed them to the versi. hopefully it stops raining so i can get some bees..

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny1320

Arachnopeon
well u know im not the only person i know who likes the bee stings.. i know one other person and me who likes the sting... but not as much as i like eating honey.
You're like a masochistic winnie the pooh. Interesting.

shanebp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Whoa! I just found a wild Northern Arctic Swimming Ice Tarantula! For real guys! Look at it as it climbs out of the frigid north seas onto an ice flow!! Picture for proof!

<image removed>

I think i'll name it... Ice T.

Lorum

Arachnosquire
So you mean like (...)
A tarantula's coloration is not dynamic. (...)
+1 on both posts.

i still stand by my word that feeding your ts honeybees will make its color vibrant. (...)
If you are really convinced of what you are claiming, fight for it, prove it, make anything you can to be sure it is true and to convince people it is.

If you are a troll, let me say you are kind of a rare troll. Personally, I don't think what you are claiming is possible. But if you do, well, you are free to do, believe and prove what you want. :?

Enjoy this thread. {D

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Whoa! I just found a wild Northern Arctic Swimming Ice Tarantula! For real guys! Look at it as it climbs out of the frigid north seas onto an ice flow!! Picture for proof!

<image removed>

I caught one of those when I went to Alaska.. I swear.

web eviction

Arachnolord
I feed my T's glow worms it makes there U hairs glow so I can c them coming during night feedings.........lol

archieph

Arachnosquire
good for u

I feed my T's glow worms it makes there U hairs glow so I can c them coming during night feedings.........lol
good for u lad ;P and btw.. i heard before they did some experiments on this cat that made it's nose glow.. so who knows.. maybe we can administer the same experiments on ts in the future...

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

I caught one of those when I went to Alaska.. I swear.
is there a find ever in history that a t has been seen burrowing in the snow? wouldn't that be something {D

archieph

Arachnosquire
the subject avic

it has stopped raining a bit here in my country.. so can probably start collecting bees for feeding soon.. js waiting for our subject avic to molt.. hope he molts soon guys :D :rolleyes:

Rabid538

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
good for u lad ;P and btw.. i heard before they did some experiments on this cat that made it's nose glow.. so who knows.. maybe we can administer the same experiments on ts in the future...

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

:
The experiment you are referring to is done through genetic engineering. A gene from a jellyfish is introduced into the animal to make certain parts of it glow. Here is an article covering the technique on mice:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/01/0111_020111genmice.html

And here is the article you were directly referring to:
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/27338236/ns/today-today_pets_and_animals/

These experiments are done to track if the gene was actually successfully incorporated and try to progress the ability of inserting genes into humans in order to cure diseases. The information found by doing the experiment on the cat is supposed to help find a lead in curing diabetes. It doesn't relate to making tarantulas glow for the fun of it.

archieph

Arachnosquire
ahhaha

very funny man!! {D rofl

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

The experiment you are referring to is done through genetic engineering. A gene from a jellyfish is introduced into the animal to make certain parts of it glow. Here is an article covering the technique on mice:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/01/0111_020111genmice.html

And here is the article you were directly referring to:
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/27338236/ns/today-today_pets_and_animals/

These experiments are done to track if the gene was actually successfully incorporated and try to progress the ability of inserting genes into humans in order to cure diseases. The information found by doing the experiment on the cat is supposed to help find a lead in curing diabetes. It doesn't relate to making tarantulas glow for the fun of it.
first i just have to say.. this site is awesome!!! love all the information i am getting.. i feel like sponge bob right now.. and js for fun also.. if i had the tools those scientists have.. i would SURELY try to make my t glow :D imagine a glowing versicolor... hmm.. dreaming... zzz.. hey cross that out, i change my mind!!! i'd make everything glow including my fish, bird, dog, my bees even, hey i'd even make my wife and son glow in the dark!!! awesome link on glowing cats.. js shows u that anything is possible.. and indeeed a possibility to my claim lives on!!! js u wait for my experiments.. i will prove it

Last edited:

Rabid538

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
very funny man!! {D rofl

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

first i just have to say.. this site is awesome!!! love all the information i am getting.. i feel like sponge bob right now.. and js for fun also.. if i had the tools those scientists have.. i would SURELY try to make my t glow :D imagine a glowing versicolor... hmm.. dreaming... zzz.. hey cross that out, i change my mind!!! i'd make everything glow including my fish, bird, dog, my bees even, hey i'd even make my wife and son glow in the dark!!! awesome link on glowing cats.. js shows u that anything is possible.. and indeeed a possibility to my claim lives on!!! js u wait for my experiments.. i will prove it
It doesn't support your claim. When a tarantula eats it does not incorporate the genes of the food item into its cells. This has to be done by finding, isolating, and then inserting the target gene into a shell of a virus, or by other various means. Even then the chance of the gene taking is quite low.

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
sort of like getting a tattoo with a heated needle for like 30 minutes or so which gets hotter and hotter.
Do you have any ink? I've been bitten by a T(dry), and stung several times(wet=omg pain when 10 get you), and I'll tell you I'd take a inking needle any day over either of those.

Lol'd as I'm watching SVU right now....

x Mr Awesome x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Gee! Where have I been? Apparently, there's tons of great topics just like this on Arachnoboards these days. It's so informative, after all. Excuse me while I go contribute another $20 to this invaluable resource tool that is only filled with great info.

Wait... :barf:

DansDragons

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Gee! Where have I been? Apparently, there's tons of great topics just like this on Arachnoboards these days. It's so informative, after all. Excuse me while I go contribute another $20 to this invaluable resource tool that is only filled with great info.

Wait... :barf:
........:worship:

TrentinG

Arachnopeon
guys this one time, i fed my ornata a dragonfly, and she sprouted wings and flew away into the sunset!!!!! :liar:

Status
Not open for further replies.