Feeding my rosie

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
This may sound a little strange ... but do your T's 'save' crickets out of the waterdish? He is sitting on the seiling (sp?) of his container now, not showing much interest in the crickets. Is this because he is just about 30 min. inside it? He also hasn't explored his container yet, just sits there on the seiling, watching the drowning crickets fight for their lives ...

I threw in 4 small crickets for my rosea, and 3 of them jumped into the water dish, is this normal, or do I just have strange crickets?

Ðennis

pauls

Arachnopeon
When I tossed in crickets for feed time, they all eventually stumbled upon the water dish. They didn't fall in though. Instead, they clung to the edge of the dish, leaned in, and started drinking. They eventually crawled out when done. My rosie still hasn't eaten yet though and I've had her for three days now. Like other people told me, your spider could still be getting used to the surroundings, and may want to fast until comfortable.

-Paul

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I usually wait a few days for the t to settle in before I attempt to feed it. Keep in mind that rosies often fast for long periods of time. Mine have only eaten 3-4 times in the past few months; just offer food once or twice a week and remove it if they haven't eaten it in 24 hours. And, yes, crickets seem to like to off themselves in the water dish. Scoop them out and change the water.