Feeding my Millipede

corwin3180

Arachnopeon
I recently got an AGB millipede, her name is Mildred "Milly" McPicklesworth and she is about 10" long. Ive read on numerous website caresheets that millipedes are to be fed every-other day. But when i feed her she eats like a horse! I'll drop in two slices of cucumber and some lettuce, and she'll go through it in a couple hours. I dont know if this is because the pet store didnt feed her well or what. But i was wondering if i should feed her daily, or still only feed her everyother day? Im not sure of the dangers(if any) of over-feeding a millipede. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

gunslinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My millipedes have a constant source of food so they can feed at will. What I do is leave a tray of dry food, currently I am using a pelletized form of feed that is high in good stuff, designed for reptiles I believe, but my pedes eat it up. Then every few days I put in some fresh food, fruits veggies etc.

The pelletized food does not mold fast at all so it can be left for longer periods, and I just supplement it with fresh stuff. This way it can eat at will.

BTW thats a great name you gave it!

Last edited:

juggalo69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My agb wouldn't touch fresh food until it had three or four days to rot.

Bark

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I usually feed mine fruit once or twice a week. There are plenty of leaves in there though for them to munch on if they get hungry.

insect Art

Arachnopeon
Wow, what a difference from one person to the next.
I feed mine fresh fruits and veggies every other day, because if I leave it any longer than that in that kind of humidity it goes moldy.
When I first got my millipedes they ate and ate like crazy and now they have evened out. I don't think they were fed properly before I got them.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I usually leave a few leaves of romaine lettuce in with mine all the time. If it goes bad and I don't take it out immediately, they tear through the fresh stuff I put in. Every now and then I'll throw in some apple or banana but fruit goes bad a lot faster than lettuce (and stinks worse).

ftorres

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Millipede food

HEy Guys,
I feed my millipedes a whole Watermelon and is gone in 3 days, then I feed lettuce and fishfood flakes on a tray.

Regards
FT

gunslinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Never tried the watermelon or fish food............more ideas yet. Just today I got some new feed, some pelletized organic food to supplement its fresh veggies.

Gonna have to get tomato and watermelon now and try those out.

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ill feed mien apple, rose pedales, and when i have them patato pealings.
thay allso like i roting, and nasty.

the bad thing is thay get fruit flie like mad.

yuanti

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I bought some Sunaturals Garden Salads (the flower version) for my kids hamster and I also sprinkled some in with my Millis to see how they liked it. They went nuts for it and are chewing through it all like crazy.