feeding Mice to pede

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
what is the biggest sized mouse a centipede like a grown subspinipes could eat safely? Im guessing a hopper.

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I can't answer your question cuz i'm new to the D@rk Side... let me see your subspinipe.....

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Just like with tarantulas, snakes, lizards and other occasional or staple mouse-feeders, you have to take the size of the predator into account to determine the prey size. I fed a medium sized fuzzy to my 8" Vietnamese with no problems... But when I tried to feed a (bigger) hopper to another 8" Vietnamese, it nearly lept out of the container in abject terror.

I've seen pictures of Peruvian Giant centipedes taking down big anoles and hopper or big fuzzy mice, but those are probably 9-10" or bigger specimen.

Just be careful, be ready with tongs to remove the mouse if things get too wild.

bill

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've fed my subspinipes fuzzys before, I was just wondering I might try a hopper.
pssssssssssssssst. (adding some odd thread like this cuz the scorp folks are catchign back up)

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Alonso99
I've fed my subspinipes fuzzys before, I was just wondering I might try a hopper.
pssssssssssssssst. (adding some odd thread like this cuz the scorp folks are catchign back up)
Mine took a hopper with no problem. The only problem that resulted from it was that there were leftovers that it didn't go back for, so I had to remove them.

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Alonso99
they sure are.. :) just 2 more threads away...