Feeding Limits

Maurelius

Arachnopeon
Will T's or slings stop eating at a proper "filling", or will they eat so much that they burst?

Do they naturally become "full" and stop eating after they are so large?

Edit: one of my tarantulas is eating its molt. This is the first time this has ever happened. Rare occurrence?

Last edited:

Tindalos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
slings will eat until they are incapable of eating more, power fedding is the technique of feeding a tarantula to it cant eat anymore to force it into a faster molt and resulting also in a larger T, but be warned doing this on a constant basis will result a shorter lived tarantula

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
slings will eat until they are incapable of eating more, power fedding is the technique of feeding a tarantula to it cant eat anymore to force it into a faster molt and resulting also in a larger T, but be warned doing this on a constant basis will result a shorter lived tarantula
There are not solid scientific fact about it.

Tarantulas are animals and are guided by ntural instinct, they dont nee you to stop feeding them to stop feeding.

Lorum

Arachnosquire
Edit: one of my tarantulas is eating its molt. This is the first time this has ever happened. Rare occurrence?
They don't eat the exuvia. They just re-absorb (drink, hehe) the fluids on it.

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Will T's or slings stop eating at a proper "filling", or will they eat so much that they burst?

Do they naturally become "full" and stop eating after they are so large?

They will eat and become very bloated. They will not spontaneously burst, but they are in danger of bursting from a fall. Tarantulas will feast when the opportunity avails itself, and they will also stop eating when they become "full".
Like Fran said, there is no hard evidence that power feeding shortens the life span, nor that it will accelerate growth beyond normal metabolic rates; a well fed tarantula will grow faster than one that is not well fed.