feeding him

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Okay, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! He hasn't been fed for a week, and my dealer suggested I wait until tomorrow sometime, but I really want to feed my s'ling a cricket leg now. He looks hungry. Should I listen to my elders, or can I risk it now?
And I think he wants out, he hangs out near the lid all the time. Sorry..I've been watching. Anyway, yeah, my question: can I feed him a little?
Man, these questions are worse than when I didn't have him..
The Rookie

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LMAO

You're killing me here! IMO, I think it would be fine to see if he wants to eat. Worst that could happen is he'll refuse. As long as you have appropriate sized live prey or are going to use prey parts, you should be fine. Again, this is just my opinion and I'm not the most experienced, but I did the same thing with about 20 or so slings in the last month.

Botar

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Starvation

LOL King
Thanks boys. I just don't wanna do something wrong in the first few days. Think back to the very first night you had your first s'ling. You guys were nervous too. Oh yeah right, you were so.
That was the last question for the night. Thanks again.
Paul

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it. They're tougher than they look.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
As was said, as long as the food is appropriate, there's no harm in offering food. Just a heads up, these guys are slow growers so don't be surprised if he goes off feeding for long periods of time. Neither of my Grammastola slings have eaten in at least a month due to a long, painfully protracted pre-moult. Between them and Aphonopelma slings, I'm going to be in diapers again before they grow up ;)

Last edited: