Feeding freshly molted sling

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I have been breeding roaches for a while. 6 species.
Here in Florida we have the largest species of wood roach in the USA and I have thought about breeding them and using them as feeders just as a change of pace/varied diet kind of thing.. I don't know that it's worth it because I imagine that a roach is a roach and I'm raising discoids.. I don't know maybe I will..

Any care and breeding tips you want to share?

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
The good thing is the tiny nymphs don't burrow or climb glass/plastic. I haven't had a lot of luck yet with the wood roaches. This one is the sole survivor of a ootheca. Not sure what happened. What species do you have there?

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Can we not compromise here? What if we offer the T a cricket that has been softened up with the meat tenderizer tool right after a molt?:wacky:

Estein

Arachnoknight
Can we not compromise here? What if we offer the T a cricket that has been softened up with the meat tenderizer tool right after a molt?:wacky:

I like to add a nice dry rub after tenderizing.

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
Lesson of the day, hisser babies are strong and will drag your sling around like a bronco. I had to catch the hisser by the head and crush it. The sling was not going to let it go. Next feeding I think I better crush the head first. The twitching legs should catch its eyes. IMG_0401.JPG