Feeding forceps?

Mark77

Arachnopeon
Where do you find these? I've checked some local hobby shops with no luck. I Googled it and found a few science/lab companies offering them. I'd prefer to run out and pick them up somewhere if possible though.

Thanks!

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ill get you a link where you can get a really long ones, great quality.
there was a guy offering them on the boards months ago, and got several.
hey are like 18" :)

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
12" feeding tongs should be availible at any pet store that is able to order zoo med products. they are kind of expensive (they retail $11 here, but our prices run on the high side), imo, but extremely good to have on hand.

Sutekh

Arachnopeon
I found tongs and forceps at a reptile expo. I got 12" tongs for $8 there.

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Our Petsmart carries the 10" ones, for about $9. I also know of a guy that goes to all the gun shows that has a table full of forceps, tongs and such. Various prices. Guess next time I go I'll stock up on them, if they are cheaper than the store (and then priority mail cost).

Marga

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cheap does not equal good. Go for quality and get surgical grade stainless steel. Settle for nothing less. I did once, because the price was "right". Well...come to find out, I haven't used the tongs yet and they were already rusted out on me!

I like to know I'm buying quality, and after learning my lesson, I buy all my gear from MidWest Tongs.

Here's a link to their tweezer page: http://tongs.com/tweezer.aspx

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Cheap does not equal good. Go for quality and get surgical grade stainless steel. Settle for nothing less. I did once, because the price was "right". Well...come to find out, I haven't used the tongs yet and they were already rusted out on me!

I like to know I'm buying quality, and after learning my lesson, I buy all my gear from MidWest Tongs.

Here's a link to their tweezer page: http://tongs.com/tweezer.aspx
These would all be hospital-grade, retired medical equipment... I've bought things from him for years. I buy the locking forceps for when I go fishing. Best thing ever for holding onto a hook when releasing a fish. I stopped buying them for a while when I realized I had locking forceps all over the house (like 6 pairs...)

Marga

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
These would all be hospital-grade, retired medical equipment... I've bought things from him for years. I buy the locking forceps for when I go fishing. Best thing ever for holding onto a hook when releasing a fish. I stopped buying them for a while when I realized I had locking forceps all over the house (like 6 pairs...)

Marga
That's hilarious! I only have two locking forceps. But, I have probably six or seven normal tweezer style. I use them all the time! Feeding the snakes, feeding the Ts, cleaning the Ts, etc, etc. I probably use at least three per week. It just never hurts to have extras just in case.