Feeding Fish

8ball

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Can you feed a tarantula a fish? I've been thinking of trying that

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You can, But Fish are covered with bacteria in the slime that coats them, this can be harmful to the T and if the bacteria can survive in the T's mouth area they can leave you with a permanetly Fishy T.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Fish, especially store feeders, are often coated in parasites as well as bacteria.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It's also going to STINK, make the enclosure stink, and soak into the substrate.

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
cause they are easy to breed, and cannot break out!
break out? hmm..if you are having a problem with crickets escaping...how in the world do you keep your T's contained? crix are also very easy to breed...if you keep the conditions right. not to mention they are cheaper and wont make you tank stink, leave bacteria in the substrate or pass it on to the spider. but hey, if feeding fish to your T is your thing and it works for you..then have at it! :D

prey

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
done it

When I was a teenager who ran out of prey I'd go down to the lake and get free minnows which were readily consumed. Most of the above drawbacks mentioned made it less than ideal, but I'd be surprized if fish specifically carry the same species of mites that can survive on dry land on a T. The fish slime and masticated goo was icky for the vivariums, but I never had mites or apparent diseases. I never tried smelling their mouths.