Feeding day flop

Arachnoenthusiast

Arachnoknight
Yesterday evening was feeding day, really look forward to feeding day and the action it brings. My tarantulas and other inverts had different ideas. Nobody ate. Nobody. None of them even bothered to move as I performed maintenance and water filling duties. So, I guess I'll skip a feeding and try again. Who has good feeding stories to tide me over?

Tarantula155

Arachnobaron
What all Ts do you have?

I try to keep the fatties of the T world, with a strong feeding response like Phormictopus, A geniculata, T vagans.

Well I just fed 3 little Phormictopus cancerides slings and they are insane!!!

And I once had a A geniculata ignore a roach at the end of my tongs raced up the tong(12 inch tongs) and just nearly tagged me. I threw the sucker off, (it was fine). I never seen A geniculata with such a ferocious feeding response, it ended up being a male but gosh do I miss him

Arachnoenthusiast

Arachnoknight
Mostly brachys, and a gbb. The weather is changing here so I'm sure that plays a part in it

basin79

ArachnoGod
Yesterday evening was feeding day, really look forward to feeding day and the action it brings. My tarantulas and other inverts had different ideas. Nobody ate. Nobody. None of them even bothered to move as I performed maintenance and water filling duties. So, I guess I'll skip a feeding and try again. Who has good feeding stories to tide me over?
I'd recommend getting shut of "feeding day" and just feed as and when and randomly of time isn't an issue. That way you're far more likely to at least get some feeding.

Of course if you have some absolute dustbins and only feed them a single cricket/morio a week unless in premoult they'll pretty much always be hungry.

I have an adult Grammostola iheringi, Pamphobeteus sp Costa and young juvenile Theraphosa blondi and unless in premoult they'll eat. Usually feed them 1 food item a week so I know I'll always have some to watch.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I'm having the same issue here! It's getting colder and they just aren't as active or interested in food as they were in the summer. I've started adjusting my feeding times to match their behavior and abdomen size. Seems to work much better. Maybe this would be a great time to think about spicing up some of their enclosures. That's what I'm planning on doing, anyway.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I'm having the same issue here! It's getting colder and they just aren't as active or interested in food as they were in the summer. I've started adjusting my feeding times to match their behavior and abdomen size. Seems to work much better. Maybe this would be a great time to think about spicing up some of their enclosures. That's what I'm planning on doing, anyway.
Just remember a tarantula DOESN'T get bored of their enclosures. In fact they spend a deal of time making their enclosures home. Unless they need rehousing you're best leaving them be.

Arachnoenthusiast

Arachnoknight
I'd like to use it as an excuse to get more tarantulas, but I'm afraid my wife doesn't see it the same way Haha

Sterls

Arachnobaron
I'm worried about this happening soon, everyone seems like they're about to enter premolt at the same time 😬

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Just remember a tarantula DOESN'T get bored of their enclosures. In fact they spend a deal of time making their enclosures home. Unless they need rehousing you're best leaving them be.
Good point, but I have a few that will need rehousing after their next molts (it seems like half of mine are in premolt right now). It'll be fun to set up some new enclosures that'll be ready when the time comes. I really like to get creative with setting up realistic habitats....sometimes I have to remember to avoid changing things up too much. Designing habitats is one of my favorite aspects of the hobby.