Feeding Babies

Tex Mex

Arachnopeon
I have around 50 v. spinigurus scorplings (2i-3i), and am unable to obtain crickets small enough for the them. I have each of the separated into their own deli cups, and was wondering if it would be alright to place a chunk of fluker's cricket quencher in there to hold them over for a few weeks?

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have around 50 v. spinigurus scorplings (2i-3i), and am unable to obtain crickets small enough for the them. I have each of the separated into their own deli cups, and was wondering if it would be alright to place a chunk of fluker's cricket quencher in there to hold them over for a few weeks?

I don't know what cricket quencher is, but I don't think it would work. You can feed the babies prekilled food items. They'll eat what they want and leave the rest behind. You can also feed the cricket parts. It's gross, but I've chopped up crickets into small parts in order to feed small babies. Make sure you remove the leftovers or they get nasty.

John

llamastick

Arachnoknight
Babies will eat pre-killed prey, as long as it's still twitching. I've given headcrushed half-grown dubia roaches to baby emperors without any problems. you can also just use tweezers and pull off all the legs/mandibles to make the prey insect helpless. Just be sure that you remove any uneaten leftovers before they attract mites.

Selket

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I feed my 2i spinigerus cricket parts. I take a medium to large sized cricket and tear it apart and put a part in each enclosure. 1 cricket will feed 3-6ish scorps depending on how you break up the cricket.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
you could try tiny latteralis or lobster roach nymphs, thats what i use....

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i chopped up pinheads and small crickets. prekill them all.