feeding B. Jacksoni

slimtim454

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So I just got two very young B. Jacksoni that are very small, roughly the size of your fingernail. Anyways I bought small crickets for him to eat. Do they seem to large for him to eat? I need some tips on how to provide water for them as well. Right now I have the piece of paper towel soaked.

Dorcus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think you should get a smaller sized cricket... As for water, you can provide it inside a bottle cap.

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi,

Personally I dont think the cricket looks too big at all. B. jacksoni are voracious eaters and should not have a problem taking those crickets down.

Cheers.

Dorcus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hmm... I suppose so... after all, scorpions ARE messy eaters ^^

slimtim454

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just looked in his enclosure and he had one already half eaten! Your werent kidding when you said they were voracious huh?

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tim,

You dont need any sort of water dish in there at this time. Every so often drip some water on the sides of their enclosure and they will drink from that.

Cheers.

ScorpDude

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
From the looks of it you've got some water droplets on the site of the enclosure (due to humidity), the scorp will juse drink from them if it gets first.

Try resting a piece of bark against the side so it creates like a 45degree angle (if you know what I mean), the scorp will find it much easier to moult if its on an angled surface like that.