Feeding after molt

Kent

Arachnopeon
Hi guys just wanted to know how long to wait after a sling molt before you should offer food.?

pok2010

Arachnopeon
Hi guys just wanted to know how long to wait after a sling molt before you should offer food.?
36 - 48 hours, usaully there good to go but i generally wait 2 days before i give mine food... by then there usaully scofing it down em ;P

AndreJ18

Arachnopeon
I normaly wait like 1week for sling if its bigger 2weeks. Dont want that something go wrong at feeding

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It really depends upon the size of the T. If it is a bigger T, it can take a couple weeks, since you need to wait for their fangs and bodies to harden completely, or they could break off a fang or become otherwise injured.

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
you can let the spider tell you when it's ready to feed again. a few days after the molt, try dropping some water [like a couple drops] in front of it, if it attacks the vibration like it would a meal, then it's ready to feed again. if it runs away or ignores it, then wait a few more days. [but give it some time before you try it the first time.]

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Depends on the size. If it's really little, may take only a couple days. Biggers ones a week, maybe two.

Usually the first food after a molt or if I'm not sure if they're in premolt yet, I try feeding a prekilled cricket or superworm. A live waxworm if I have them. Not taking chances.

Kent

Arachnopeon
Thanks guys, looks so different after molt has changed colour and now you can make out the White knee's.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you can let the spider tell you when it's ready to feed again. a few days after the molt, try dropping some water [like a couple drops] in front of it, if it attacks the vibration like it would a meal, then it's ready to feed again. if it runs away or ignores it, then wait a few more days. [but give it some time before you try it the first time.]
+1

You can also do this by purely watching its body language. If it is in a 'hunting pose'(crouched as if ready to eat, at the entrance to the burrow/ hide/ tube) then it is ready. The good rule of thumb is a week, but that could need to be longer or shorter. Learning to identify their 'hunting pose' can be the most helpful. If you are able to see its fangs they should be black before feeding also.