feeding after molt

mschemmy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I know the golden rule of not feeding your T 7 to 14 days after it molts depending on its size. But has anyone every crushed up a roach or cricket so it could possibly eat sooner without harming the t? I have seen threads before about feeding T's without fangs by crushing (liquifying) prey. Can you do the same for a recently molted T?:confused:

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
this is what ive always done
wait till there fangs turn black. wait 2-3 more days just to make sure thats been my rule of thumb and ive never had a prob

mschemmy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i have always done the same but I was just curious if a T can eat sooner if you follow the right steps.

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Why would you feed spider sooner than 10-14 days? It won't die if it doesen't eat any day longer than that if they have always shallow water dish... My spiders don't want to eat before 3 weeks after molt, even if I try to feed them...

Jaymz Bedell

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm surprised that no ones mentioned it isn't just waiting for the fangs to harden after a moult, but the sucking stomach also needs time to "readjust" itself after being shed. I would think waiting for not only the fangs to harden, but for the digestive bits that get shed to also "harden" would probably be a wise thing. just my 2 cents.

webbedone

Arachnobaron
i dont think it wold be a plesant expirience for the T with a newly formed stomache to eat even if it could

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If it isn't neccessary, why risk the health of your T???

PIG-

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm surprised that no ones mentioned it isn't just waiting for the fangs to harden after a moult, but the sucking stomach also needs time to "readjust" itself after being shed. I would think waiting for not only the fangs to harden, but for the digestive bits that get shed to also "harden" would probably be a wise thing. just my 2 cents.

Thats the key :clap: