Feeding after molt

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
How long untill you feed your T after a molt i usally wait 7-10 days is this ok, just wanted to know how long everyone here waits

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey

I feed mine 3-5 days after because thats when their fangs get hard enough and they do fine. well have a nice day geo

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
depends on their sizes, of course.

best bet is to wait until the fangs are jet black again.

slings can usually eat alot quicker than adults.. I usually wait a good week with adults, and before i throw some food in there, i double check on the fangs, which is pretty simple to do ;)

which of your guys are you talking about sean?
pce
dave

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Don't worry, your T will know when it's ready to eat again. My smaller slings will eat 2 days after, and my T. blondi refused food for a good 10 days.
A good guide would be to try feeding slings 3 days after, subs 5 days after, and adults 7 days or more after a molt.

With my slings I always check with an eye dropper. I drop a dropplet of water by them and if they're hungry they'll pounce on it thinking it's prey.

Jim B.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Its true, they'll know when to eat, but at the same time, you have to make sure their fangs are hard, otherwise bad things could happen :)

peace
dave

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah, you have a point there. Nothing is fool proof when it comes to T's. Better safe than sorry.

Jim B.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:)

I think its just pointless to go with the "well, im sure S/he's ready to eat now" and then 3 weeks later we find a post on here that reads "HELP, MY T HAS MESSED UP FANGS" ;)

If the fangs are pretty much hardened up, it may not be that big of a problem, but if you've got a PM T with white fangs and you try to feed it, you could be in for a rough time.

later
dave

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by RugbyDave
:)

I think its just pointless to go with the "well, im sure S/he's ready to eat now" and then 3 weeks later we find a post on here that reads "HELP, MY T HAS MESSED UP FANGS" ;)

If the fangs are pretty much hardened up, it may not be that big of a problem, but if you've got a PM T with white fangs and you try to feed it, you could be in for a rough time.

later
dave
In my experience a T that has not hardened up completely will simply not eat, and run away from crickets. I highly doubt a T with soft fangs will grab prey and mess up it fangs.

One other thing I've noticed: The time between a molt and eating again obviously depends on the size of the T, but also what environment the T is in, my parahybana (in a moist environment) will take much longer to start eating again (read: hardening up) than my P. murinus, which is in a bone dry environment.

Greetz,
Joost

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by RugbyDave
depends on their sizes, of course.

best bet is to wait until the fangs are jet black again.

slings can usually eat alot quicker than adults.. I usually wait a good week with adults, and before i throw some food in there, i double check on the fangs, which is pretty simple to do ;)

which of your guys are you talking about sean?
pce
dave
The Parahybana who just molted is 7-10 days too long or could i try like after 5 like someone else said, whats a good way to see its fangs because hes not really aggressive just a hair flicker which does nothing to me, it will keep flicking hairs then will try and run he has only turned and showed his fangs like twice when i first got him now hes used to me i think