Feeding a mother scorpion?

Fly trap

Arachnopeon
Hello, my Laos forest scorpion gave birth this week (to my surprise) and whilst doing my research on how to care for the babies I have gotten mixed messages on whether or not I should feed the mother while the scorplings are still on her back.

Semisteve

Arachnopeon
Give her access to food (drop a locust in the vivarium) and then she can decide for herself. Take it out if still there 24h later if you can do it without disturbing 'mum'
Mine gave birth a few weeks ago and didn't eat (or come out of her burrow) untill scorplings were off her back.

Semisteve

Arachnopeon
Reading a few other more knowledgeable peoples replies, don't feed till they are off back. Mum will be fine, scorplings feeding themselves internally till first molt.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Don't waste your time until they leave Mom. After that, she will eat alot

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Honestly it all depends on how long she ate before birthing will determine if I feed my females while they have babies on her back but I really try not to feed her until ive removed all the babies
Although sometimes I feed the momma if she's being a nasty witch towards me when retrieving her babies so she's preoccupied and forgets im stealing her kids lol
If you do try to feed her and she doesn't kill and eat it right away - take the feeder out immediately some feeders can and will eat the babies especially nasty mean crickets

Fly trap

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the advice. I tested her interest in food with a paintbrush and she seemed very eager so I gave her a Roach and she quickly grabbed and dispatched it.