feeding a 0.5" L. parahybana

scjones22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just got this brideater from Botars but for now it is far from a birdeater. Its actually less than a half inch and I know that I need to feed it pinhead crickets, but should I prekill and feed all of it or just half?

spidergirl07

Arachnopeon
I also just got a 1/2'' from aracnophilliacs though and I have been feeding it pinhead crix live and whole. it takes it down right away. I feed it every second day or even 3rd day. If you are worried you can try a pre killed crix but it may not take to it.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
yeah, i got one of these from botar also. small crickets about it's own body size work great. i usually hack off the 2 back legs tho... makes it a little easier. but they have no probs and usually scarf it down right away. they grow fast! enjoy :)

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I got mine at that size--I fed it pre-killed regular crickets from day one. Just stick the pet store bag in the freezer, then empty it into a tupperware about an hour later, store tupperware in the freezer. They thaw pretty quickly after you put them in the enclosure, the sling can eat to its heart's content, and if there's any leftovers...big "if" :D ...it's a lot easier to pick out a dead cricket than it is to recapture a live uneaten pinhead.

SpiderZone2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You can also rip off a nice sized back leg from a pretty decent sized cricket and leave that in the container. It does make a good meal for small T's. Other wise you can crush the head of a cricket and rip the legs off. Sometimes they still jump around even after you crush the head. Most T's will eat it when they are hungry. My little one was only a small spiderling out of the egg sac. So now it is finally of a decent size. About an inch now. I only fed it large cricket legs and it had no problem consuming them. If a good sized one I still only fed it once a week. Twice if a smaller cricket leg had been used. This is my 3rd L.parahybana.......I am going to breed my big gal one more time..........

scjones22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I noticed while looking at it that it actually has a broke leg, should I be concerned? It is still moving around and stuff so Im not sure but I thought it would be ok. with a spider this size will it grow back correctly after a molt?