Feeder scorpions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex9104

Arachnosquire
Ok, I wasn't going to pile on until I saw this quote. HERE'S where basin79 and the others are coming from. You flat-out just admitted what they've been telling you, that you're just doing this for entertainment. And yeah, I think you need to not do this. If you're so desperate to see them do things like they would in the wild, go visit them in their natural habitat. Besides, while I don't know much about the Scolopendra sp that you have(can't stand centipedes, but to each their own), I don't think that Centruroides species are found in their native habitat (except maybe the heros, which you might very well have), so you're wrong on this as well (again, not sure about where these are from, so I could also be wrong). And, the cockroach comparison doesn't work. Cockroaches are literally prey items in the wild, whereas scorpions are (mostly) only prey to larger mammals and the occasional lizard. Just stop with this thread. You're not going to get the validation that you so desperately want, especially on a forum that is about CARING for the very things that you so clearly view as inferior. God, take a hint.
Note I am only talking about heros so yes bark scorpions are found in their natural habitat, next time before you make a <edit> claim please read things more carefully. And no, scorpions and centipedes and many types of Arthropods eat each other in the wild, so you’re wrong on that as well, and plus I already got what I need, the species name of the perfect feeder scorpion, I don’t care about what validation (I don’t know where you would pull out the idea of me wanting validation from a thread requesting a species name but ok), maybe <edit> people like you do but certainly not me. Back on the entertainment topic, why do we keep Arthropods? Is it not only for entertainment? Don’t tell me you have actual emotional feelings for them like you have a towards a mammal because I know that’s <edit>, so what you’re saying is we should all just stop keeping Arthropods if we do it for entertainment? Great idea, 80 percent of this website should just realest their animals in the wild according to you huh?

Edit: may I ask who asked for your <edit> opinion on this?

Not really, I think it's matter of speed in this case
If the scorpions is smaller it’ll have a harder time jamming the telson in the exoskeleton and plus the strength will also decrease meaning once the centipede is in control it is merely impossible for it to break free only because it is smaller, also if the scorpion is larger the tail will also be longer meaning harder to control because centipedes are only that long

Also smaller scorpions will make it easier for the centipede to bite through and kill quicker, but again, I am glad that size doesn’t matter on other things (hopefully?)

Last edited by a moderator:

goliathusdavid

Arachnobaron
There's a difference between what you are planning on doing and what the other people on these boards are doing. It is one thing to keep arthropods as pets, it is something totally different to pit two predatory arthropods against each other to see who wins. One can be ethically complicated but generally (in my opinion) good, while the other is just sadistic. I just truly don't understand why you would wish to do this if you care about the animals you take care of.

Alex9104

Arachnosquire
There's a difference between what you are planning on doing and what the other people on these boards are doing. It is one thing to keep arthropods as pets, it is something totally different to pit two predatory arthropods against each other to see who wins. One can be ethically complicated but generally (in my opinion) good, while the other is just sadistic. I just truly don't understand why you would wish to do this if you care about the animals you take care of.
What is this the third time you said you don’t understand? Ok I get the idea, me bad, you good, you won, satisfied? Can we move on with our lives here? Or you want to talk it out on FaceTime? <edit>

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
Also smaller scorpions will make it easier for the centipede to bite through and kill quicker, but again, I am glad that size doesn’t matter on other things (hopefully?)
Venom to me is like a bullet... have you ever competed in shooting competitions ? It's all about speed and accuracy, and size doesn't factor here

A larger person doesn't mean they will always beat a smaller person... MMA is a great example of that

Have you ever seen a pitbull take on a rottweiler ? I can keep going with examples of size... ;)

Alex9104

Arachnosquire
Venom to me is like a bullet... have you ever competed in shooting competitions ? It's all about speed and accuracy, and size doesn't factor here

A larger person doesn't mean they will always beat a smaller person... MMA is a great example of that

Have you ever seen a pitbull take on a rottweiler ? I can keep going with examples of size... ;)
First, you’re talking about shooting competitions, not a 300lb muscular dude fighting a 150lb dude with a gun, the 150lb dude has a knife and that’s all he gets, it’s not like scorpions can shoot their telson, and he’s a larger person doesn’t ALWAYS mean they’ll beat a small person because SOMETIMES (rarely) the small person wins, and Pitt bulls can take on bigger dogs because of their aggression, according to my knowledge bark scorpions aren’t THAT aggressive, also it should be common sense that your Arthropods feel better about killing a smaller prey verses a larger one (maybe not so much for tarantulas but definitely scorpions and centipedes), a smaller prey is like a confidence booster it’ll only increase their aggression, and because of how small the scorpion is, it’ll still attempt to sting but probably won’t try to fight back

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
First, you’re talking about shooting competitions, not a 300lb muscular dude fighting a 150lb dude with a gun, the 150lb dude has a knife and that’s all he gets, it’s not like scorpions can shoot their telson, and he’s a larger person doesn’t ALWAYS mean they’ll beat a small person because SOMETIMES (rarely) the small person wins, and Pitt bulls can take on bigger dogs because of their aggression, according to my knowledge bark scorpions aren’t THAT aggressive, also it should be common sense that your Arthropods feel better about killing a smaller prey verses a larger one (maybe not so much for tarantulas but definitely scorpions and centipedes), a smaller prey is like a confidence booster it’ll only increase their aggression, and because of how small the scorpion is, it’ll still attempt to sting but probably won’t try to fight back
Are you getting upset ? This is only a discussion... ;)

Here's a guy over 300lbs against a smaller guy with no knife:

Alex9104

Arachnosquire

Good job you just listed a case of a bad fighter losing. Always nice to list out extreme cases when you’re trying to win an argument isn’t it? I don’t know much about the MMA but I can tell you Man Choi is a pretty bad fighter considering the amount of times he lost, and plus he is at an abnormally large size, meaning his size is now a liability, I can only imagine how tired he is after trying to stand up when gravity is pulling him down, but we are talking about centipedes here, normal centipedes, not overly sized humans that have weight dragging them down. I don’t see your argument here, is smaller better? It seems that you are shifting that way

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
Good job you just listed a case of a bad fighter losing. Always nice to list out extreme cases when you’re trying to win an argument isn’t it? I don’t know much about the MMA but I can tell you Man Choi is a pretty bad fighter considering the amount of times he lost, and plus he is at an abnormally large size, meaning his size is now a liability, I can only imagine how tired he is after trying to stand up when gravity is pulling him down, but we are talking about centipedes here, normal centipedes, not overly sized humans that have weight dragging them down. I don’t see your argument here, is smaller better? It seems that you are shifting that way
Hong Man Choi was actually a very well respected MMA competitor, so I wouldn't say he's a bad fighter, I personally wouldn't fight him and I have a good friend of mine that lost to him in an MMA match and he was a very tough competitor

For starters, I was never arguing here... all I was trying to say is, being a larger centipede doesn't mean it will beat a smaller scorpion, it's about speed and accuracy. If the scorpion is quick enough and stabs the centipede before it can clinch it, it has that fighting chance.

and for the record, pitbulls aren't aggressive by nature, they are raised that way by their irresponsible owners... I've owned 2 of them, so I can speak on this

Alex9104

Arachnosquire

I am getting upset because it’s taking me forever to explain to you such a simple concept and yet you won’t listen because of your ego or you are already convinced and just won’t admit that you made a mistake because you’re embarrassed, either way I am upset

Hong Man Choi was actually a very well respected MMA competitor, so I wouldn't say he's a bad fighter, I personally wouldn't fight him and I have a good friend of mine that lost to him in an MMA match and he was a very tough competitor

For starters, I was never arguing here... all I was trying to say is, being a larger centipede doesn't mean it will beat a smaller scorpion, it's about speed and accuracy. If the scorpion is quick enough and stabs the centipede before it can clinch it, it has that fighting chance.

and for the record, pitbulls aren't aggressive by nature, they are raised that way by their irresponsible owners... I've owned 2 of them, so I can speak on this
I never said they’re aggressive by nature and yes we are having an argument here and all I am saying is a larger centipede has a better chance of killing a smaller scorpion with all the factors included, you’re <edit> not considering other factors, the gun competition was a good example <edit>

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
I am getting upset because it’s taking me forever to explain to you such a simple concept and yet you won’t listen because of your ego or you are already convinced and just won’t admit that you made a mistake because you’re embarrassed, either way I am upset
Have you thought to stop and think it's maybe your ego ?

<edit>

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Everyone, can I just summarize the discussion?
OP wants to know what species of scorpions breed quickly so they can use them to feed their centipede.

Virtually everyone else thinks this is a bad idea for a number of reasons.

OP isn't going to change their mind.

70+ posts later I think it's time to let this thread die...

Status
Not open for further replies.