feed my addiction

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
okay , i dont know the latin names of scorpions but my pet store has these for this price, you tell me should i buy them, is it a good deal?

asian forest $18.oo ea.
red claw $18.oo ea.

what are some more scorpions you guys would recommend?
anyone wanna trade me some , i got plenty of ts to spare?
i really dont want anything that can kill me lol, i have one thanks to miss bianca so she is to blame!

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
The Asian forest is a Heterometrus species, and the red claw is most likely Pandinus cavimanus. However accurate IDs are impossible without pictures. Neither are medically significant.

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The Asian forest is a Heterometrus species, and the red claw is most likely Pandinus cavimanus. However accurate IDs are impossible without pictures. Neither are medically significant.

Hey what's up Houston?!?! I agree my 12 year old son has some of these,and I had to proof to Wife/mom they are harmless,So I had to get them to sting which they were not reluctant to at all,and felt bad because I had to get actually a little rough before I could get stings> I had no problems"but" I am not allergic to it.

My collection of scorps are now a different story!!{D{D{D

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Sup man. I had to google Needville to find out where it is. Did you happen to make it to the NARBC show this past weekend? It was at the Reliant Center.

Ha wow, that's rough :p I'm glad I never had to prove anything like that

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I agree my 12 year old son has some of these,and I had to proof to Wife/mom they are harmless,So I had to get them to sting which they were not reluctant to at all,and felt bad because I had to get actually a little rough before I could get stings> I had no problems"but" I am not allergic to it.
Hey Kevin, Did I hear this right?...............{D{D{D

Yeah, back in the crazy days of young adulthood in Dania Fla I took 50 bucks to let a dark, slim, unknown sp of scorpion sting me while we were collecting/flipping large pieces of cardboard near some railroad tracks in the middle of town. I figured that there were no dangerous spp indigenous to the area so what the heck. It felt like someone hit me with a hammer, held a lit bic under my hand for a minute or two, then everything went numb. I realized shortly afterward that this was very stupid as it wasn't identifiable to me at the time- figuring the remote possibility that it could have been an escapee of a more venomous spp. :? {D

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sup man. I had to google Needville to find out where it is. Did you happen to make it to the NARBC show this past weekend? It was at the Reliant Center.

Ha wow, that's rough :p I'm glad I never had to prove anything like that
Oh yes sir I went Sunday.I got a MM Avic Avic from Tarantula inc,An enclosure for scorps,25 f/t adult mice..50 f/t hoppers,son got a black Mexican king snake ,I got 3' snake prongs/or thongs?,free crickets,and if you are from Houston talked to Eric from pets a plenty about a 6'cobra tank!! It was A good show,wish I had more cash:(

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey Kevin, Did I hear this right?...............{D{D{D

Yeah, back in the crazy days of young adulthood in Dania Fla I took 50 bucks to let a dark, slim, unknown sp of scorpion sting me while we were collecting/flipping large pieces of cardboard near some railroad tracks in the middle of town. I figured that there were no dangerous spp indigenous to the area so what the heck. It felt like someone hit me with a hammer, held a lit bic under my hand for a minute or two, then everything went numb. I realized shortly afterward that this was very stupid as it wasn't identifiable to me at the time- figuring the remote possibility that it could have been an escapee of a more venomous spp. :? {D
Yes sir you heard it right!I handled scorps from here in Texas,C.Vittas but never
agitated them to get a sting,but for 50 bucks I might!LOL!!I heard they hit the same as Florida and same genius.I actually have 4 scroplings from there
1/2"

Last edited:

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
The Florida species was most likely Centruroides gracilis.

I myself only picked up a C. elegans sling from Tarantula Inc, they were just sooo expensive! At least their non-tarantula inverts were. I wanted so badly to win a terrarium from ZooMed lol

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Kevin, I let C vittatus sting me back in my early teens.- although I knew for a fact, barring some strange allergic reaction that I hadn't experienced from other bites or stings, that this sp wasn't going to kill me at the time. Would I willingly do it again? {D{D No way!!

:)

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The Florida species was most likely Centruroides gracilis.

I myself only picked up a C. elegans sling from Tarantula Inc, they were just sooo expensive! At least their non-tarantula inverts were. I wanted so badly to win a terrarium from ZooMed lol
Yep they are the The Florida species , Centruroides gracilis. I wanted to but A B.Jacksoni from them,I ordered from them before but arrived DOA :(

They have cheap prices but can not ship a rock in my opinion.I have other things from them but weather was good................

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Cheap? I really disagree...$50 for a P. liosoma and $60 for a T. asthenes is ridiculous. They were nice though, I'll give em that.

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i already am working on it , as soon as i get them ill post pics

Treynok

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Little late since you made up your mind but those are fair prices for both of those considering what you'd pay if you had to have em shipped. Not to mention most places like petco sells P. imperator for 16-18 bucks, I'd grab those if I saw em :}

Chrome69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very good price for a P. Cavimanus (red claw) as they usually cost a tidbit more than regular hets/emps.

Balkastalkman

Arachnosquire
LOL remember a few months ago when you freaked out because you thought I gave you a scorp as a freebee. And now your asking for a good beginner species. Its good that your getting into them, they are a nice change when all you have is Ts.

But H arizonensis and anything in the babycurus genus i think is the way to go...

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
im going to blame miss bianca for that one ! she gave me some stuff and a scorpion was also included now i want more