Feed me knowledge (Hadogenes spp.)

RoVa85

Arachnopeon
Hello again,

I have a few questions on Hadogenes spp. First of all, I have seen many of these for sale. It was my understanding that they are pretty common. However, at Hamburg, I heard a few vendors talking about how their pricing is expected to go up. I have scoured the internet looking for a reason as to why they might become rarer or sought after, and have come up empty handed. Are they going to be restricted in terms of exports at some point? Have they become more endangered in the wild? Does anyone have a link that explains why they might go up in price in the near future? Or are these vendors just blowing smoke? Also, if they are expected to go up, are they all expected to go up? Or is it just a specific sp. (ie: H. troglodytes, H. bicolor, or H. paucidens)?

Secondly, I was wondering if others could provide me with some feedback on what species I recently acquired. They were sold as H. troglodytes. However, when I use google images to look at this sp., the colors seem much darker than the one’s I have. Specifically, the yellowish color in between the segments on its back. Mine seem to have more yellow than the examples that I see on google images. If I had to guess, I would say they look more like H. paucidens.
image4.JPG
Next, I was wondering if someone could sex these from the following pics:
image1.JPG image2.JPG
Sorry for the picture quality. All I had was my phone's camera. I will try to take more pics with a better quality camera if the picture quality makes it difficult/impossible to tell whether they are male or female.
Lastly, are these spp. typically more likely to refuse food on a regular basis? From what I have read, they seem like they might be fussy eaters. Any input, experience, or links are greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
HH

Attachments

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You are correct on it being H. paucidens. Can't help with the rest of your questions though, sorry.

brolloks

Arachnobaron
Depends where they are being exported from. South Africa does not allow any exports of any of their native species as far as I know. Can't speak for any of the other African countries though.

BarkScorps

Arachnopeon
For paucidens I use coco fibre and some flat rocks for a hide.Humidity should be 60-70% and temperature between 81 and 90F.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The rumor I heard was that the exportation of H. troglodytes and Opitophthalmus is going to end soon, at least for a while, I’ve read no hard data or info about it though, I haven’t looked around. I speculate that it has to do with global environmental awareness that has gotten really trendy in the last several years. Most of it comes by influence from The United Nations and their biodiversity program they encourage countries to sign on to. It’s not advertised, you have to look into it, here’s an example; https://www.cbd.int/2011-2020/goals/ I’m not saying it’s a bad thing but things like this can go fanatic for a while until there’s a reasonable balance somewhere. Examples of fanaticism, “People need to die!”, “Leave that weed a lone you big bully!”, “You have no right to keep that goldfish imprisoned in a glass container!”, “I saw you pick up a grasshopper, I’m turning you in!”