Fedex shipping issue

Davidmortiis

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone, two days ago i ordered 2 tarantulas from two different users, they came at same time, Say Fragile on them, i ordered them to be shipped to Local FedEx office, Hold at location for pick up, i arrived to pick up at the location and Fedex Desk associate was like are there Reptiles in here? i say no Tarantulas, she is like this box should have labeling and not just Fragile, she say you and person who send it to you could be Reported and Fined i was like wtf not first time ordering Tarantulas have never had any issues, she is like bringing different box and showing to me how it has to look like. what should i do next time? how should i deal with this kinda Situations?

Last edited:

NYAN

Arachnoking
I don’t see how you would be at fault here for someone else’s mistake. I could be wrong, but that doesn’t seem logical. Maybe you could if you told the seller to not label it or something similar.

Davidmortiis

Arachnopeon
It was not labelled with anything but Say fragile on the box, persons name and "Reptile2u"

NYAN

Arachnoking
It was not labelled with anything but Say fragile on the box, persons name and "Reptile2u"
Right. You need more than that. She is right. What I don’t agree with is her saying you would be liable.

Davidmortiis

Arachnopeon
Agree with what i don't get it? there was all information for Shipping, what else it should have for Any approved stamps from FedEx Animal control?

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Is the box you provided pictures of what you received? If not, it's supposed to look like the pictures provided. Shipping live animals (no matter what they are) requires proper labeling and shipping methods, so the shipping company used needs to know what it is and will have policies that need to be read regarding them. If not shipped properly, the package can be rejected and returned to the sender (which could potentially cost the animal it's life since that's extra time in shipment), you can face fines, and possibly other consequences (legal consequences if using USPS).

Technically, arachnids are prohibited through all the major shipping agents as they have a blanket ban on all venomous animals. FedEx appears to be the most lax, since they have the ability to accept shipments through ShipYourReptiles. But it still needs to be marked properly and has to adhere to their terms.

I'm not saying you should have lied to them, but it wasn't the wisest idea to tell them there was anything live in that shipment, especially not tarantulas. If anything, you could have said it was just reptile supplies or maybe harmless feeders.

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
Damn that office is on point, I've never even heard of that labeling on the box. My local office never cares luckily it can have Fragile or literally no labeling and they still give me it lol.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Crickets.

Always. Say. They. Are. Crickets.

You don't want the hassle.

I don’t see how you would be at fault here for someone else’s mistake.
Really? Knowingly receiving contraband puts you at fault. It isn't as intense with FedEx because they are a private shipping company and not a government entity, but it can still get you banned from using their services if you misuse their services.

NYAN

Arachnoking
Really? Knowingly receiving contraband puts you at fault.

That is correct. I said that if he was totally unaware of what the seller was doing, it shouldn’t be his fault.

Last edited:

Davidmortiis

Arachnopeon
So Sellers should Go all through animal control division To Ship Those tarantulas i don't get it? or just Simply Print on printed and stick it on the shipping box "Live Harmless Insects" Would be enough?
i really cent get peoples point here, do you want them to check One by one Tarantula by tarantula and what you ship and what you get?

ThorsCarapace22

Arachnosquire
I actually never knew of the shipping issue until I went to my local post office and said tarantula. It was a 20 minute lecture about how the seller that shipped could be fined of something... I told him to mind his own....which actually makes no sense, that's his job ha!
Now I just say "give me my package"

Sap sucking mules.

Davidmortiis

Arachnopeon
I actually never knew of the shipping issue until I went to my local post office and said tarantula. It was a 20 minute lecture about how the seller that shipped could be fined of something... I told him to mind his own....which actually makes no sense, that's his job ha!

Sap sucking mules.
did you accidentally told them that is contains Tarantulas?

ThorsCarapace22

Arachnosquire
did you accidentally told them that is contains Tarantulas?
I just came out and said "it's a tarantula" I didn't know any difference. He said all that and then he "let me off with a warning" saying that I make sure I let the seller know she shipped wrong. If you want me to be honest it's just another bunch of nonsense for people to complain about. People are getting good at that.

Davidmortiis

Arachnopeon
I just came out and said "it's a tarantula" I didn't know any difference. He said all that and then he "let me off with a warning" saying that I make sure I let the seller know she shipped wrong. If you want me to be honest it's just another bunch of nonsense for people to complain about. People are getting good at th
lesson learned lol,

draconisj4

Arachnobaron

Sap sucking mules.
I didn't know either until I read it on these boards. However the postmaster at my small local post office is pretty cool, she knows perfectly well whats in my packages. She even calls me when she knows I'm expecting a package and tells me my spiders are here.

ThorsCarapace22

Arachnosquire
I didn't know either until I read it on these boards. However the postmaster at my small local post office is pretty cool, she knows perfectly well whats in my packages. She even calls me when she knows I'm expecting a package and tells me my spiders are here.
Lucky!

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That is correct. I said that if he was totally unaware of what the seller was doing, it shouldn’t be his fault.
Except he was NOT totally unaware, because he knew he was receiving tarantulas...

Sap sucking mules.
FedEx is a private courier, so it's only "against their rules" to ship arachnids.

USPS is a government entity, so breaking their "rules" is an ILLEGAL federal offense. But please, continue to be cavalier and make it sound like shipping spiders via the post can be done if you just bully the workers enough :rolleyes:

ThorsCarapace22

Arachnosquire
Except he was NOT totally unaware, because he knew he was receiving tarantulas...

FedEx is a private courier, so it's only "against their rules" to ship arachnids.

USPS is a government entity, so breaking their "rules" is an ILLEGAL federal offense. But please, continue to be cavalier and make it sound like shipping spiders via the post can be done if you just bully the workers enough :rolleyes:
Calm down darling. It's all good :D

Davidmortiis

Arachnopeon

there are thousands trades and Shipping of Arachnids every year, So all if us agree we all just have to stick on a question: "what is inside?" "They are just pet supplies"