fed my scorps superworms

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well this was their first meal in their life that wasnt a cricket:), I fed my S. mesa and Egyptian Green each a superworm today. Boy they were both rolling all over the place when they first cought it but the venom slowly took over. Its so funny how scorps are so particular when it comes to where they eat. After my Egyptian green killed the superworm he left it and ran over to his rocks and started digging, then ran back and grabbed the worm and then when under his rock and closed off the entrance with sand. Ill have a vid up soon of my S. mesa catching it...the vids super dark but u can get the idea of em rollin around:) Ill gave it up in a few

heres a pic, im having trouble uploading..youtubes havinng problems ill try later.

Last edited:

zilch

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
There labeled Superworm(Z. morio) right on the container from petco, and by the pics in the link im sure they are superworms.
oh ok, my mistake
they look like giant worms from what i see in your feeding pic

zilch

Australis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Maybe its a young one...i know the superworms here are the size of 2inches+

And a funny thing i noticed is that my longimanus ate 7 in a week...and after that they are like trying to feed kids with vege...they rather starve instead.

Not so for young scorps...
My exilicauda wont touch mealworm ever again,after its finish its first one
My O.asper however wont take anything else besides them...well technically they eat everything lol:D

U guys seen anythin like tat before ?

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is a very cool picture ! :cool:

Might have to go pick some of those up today for my little guys :) :)

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yea there was different sizes in the container..i picked one of the smaller ones for the scorp....it was still a huge meal for it and ended up finishing about 75% of it. I gave my tarantula the biggest one i could find:razz: