Feats of webbing

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
I must say that I have been totally impressed with my Cyclosternum fasciatum thus far. Today I watched it remodel it's new home, in quite an interesting way.

Basically it's got an inch of Sphagnum peat moss, that was all levelly spread before I put it in there. I watched it cover a large section of ground, and walk over to the corner and proceed to pull it all up like one would some old carpeting. it has constructed a wall of sorts by repeating this process several times. I am guessing that with time this one will behave similarly to a Greenbottle Blue, as I understand they are now thought to be in the same genus.

Bill

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I wasn't aware of that, but that would explain the remarkably similar pattern on their abdomens as slings. Thanks for the info.

Botar

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by Botar
Well I wasn't aware of that, but that would explain the remarkably similar pattern on their abdomens as slings. Thanks for the info.

Botar
Don't quote me on that, I heard it on another forum. Might just be rumourmill. It does however, make sense.

Bill

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Bill, any idea where this info came from? It would make sense to a degree since tigerrumps don't look much like any of the other Cyclosternums, and their abdominal markings are very similar.

EDIT: already answered - wildly unsubstantiated rumour mongering it is :D

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by Code Monkey
Bill, any idea where this info came from? It would make sense to a degree since tigerrumps don't look much like any of the other Cyclosternums, and their abdominal markings are very similar.

EDIT: already answered - wildly unsubstantiated rumour mongering it is :D
He heard it from me, I think. I have heard it from Rick West and others, too--seems to be a pretty open secret, so I trust I'm not betraying anyone's confidence! :eek:

Joy

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by Joy
He heard it from me, I think. I have heard it from Rick West and others, too--seems to be a pretty open secret, so I trust I'm not betraying anyone's confidence! :eek:

Joy
Yep, you da source, upon further contemplation. And if Joy says it's true, it's true.

Bill

gilly2k

Arachnopeon
I stayed up all last night watching what i thought to be my most docile spider, my g rossa dig a burrow 4 inches deep by covering the area with web then using her pedipals and fangs carry a kind of ball of chippings up out and then accross the tank.

GILLY2K=D

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto
Yep, you da source, upon further contemplation. And if Joy says it's true, it's true.

Bill
It's true someone ought to send me a X. immanis =D

Joy

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Joy
It's true someone ought to send me a X. immanis =D

Joy

Hah :p

I'd be happy if someone could make just ONE small sphere of warmth that could keep a package warm all the way from Deutschland to Sweden this winter...I mean, wait until may ?