Fear?

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
ok i did for the first time i actually got my baby out of her tank carefully and niceley but she would hardly move :( she just crunched herself up in my hand and just stayed there...with all her legs tucked in.....i could almost feel her fear of me :8o

is there anyway i can make her trust me or fear me not so much??? i really dont wanna handle her more if its gonna stress her out and make it a bad experiance for her any tips ?

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't really hold my T's. They don't need it.
The only T that I hold is G. rosea.
I think if something 100 times my size picked me up out of the blue, I'd stress out too. JMO :eek:

Ernie

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i think that is the one that he has.

Originally posted by MrT

The only T that I hold is G. rosea.

Come onnnnnn...no snuggling up to watch teevee with a Pokie by your side???;P It would impress me sooooooooo much. lol

Kim

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I really don't think you can get your tarantula to "trust" you the way that we think of trust. Tarantulas are not mammals so they do not have the same concepts as we mammals have. After all, they really are not that intelligent to be trained. I, however, think that they can get used to being held and be more comfortable with it, even though I doubt that they know that they are being held by a creature 100 times their sizes.

I handle all my tarantulas except for my cobalt blue. Some of them display their threatening positions sometimes and those are the times that I back off.