Fear Factor

Al Muoio

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am alergic to bee stings and I have several T's and never held one. Today I decided to trade one of my snakes for this adorable B. smithi. When I got it home I needed to transfer livings quarters. I went into my bedroom and let it walk onto my hand. I was sitting on the bed just in case I freaked. It was cool. She was so gentle I felt that she liked being held. Especialy when I tryed putting her back. She didn't want to go off of my hand. I feel better now that I at least held her once.

Last edited:

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
My Red knee was the most evil thing in the world. Bald as a badger, and totally mean. Used to attack the glass trying to get to you. she was 8" as well.

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I may be mistaken, but i think you have a world record if your b.smithi was 8 inches!

Mark

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Way to go Al. Thats cool.
How big is your Smithi?

Ernie

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats! My B. smithi is too skittish to handle, but one of my G. roseas doesn't seem to mind being picked up too much. Other than that, all of my kids are too small or too mean to even attempt handling! My fault for loving baboon spiders and birdeaters! =D

Al Muoio

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My B. smithi is about 1.5 inches, pink toe 2.5, striped knee 2.5, G. rosea 4 inches.

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Glad to hear it Al! I don't handle my spiders very often, usually only when moving from one house to another, but it is always a good idea to be comfortable enough with them that if one does "get on you" you don't panic and fling it across the room :)
I used to be aracnophobic, now I'm an aracnophile and have reached a point that I don't even break a sweat even when one of my pinktoes makes a dash out of the cage, up my arm and onto my head. Mind you, I still don't care too much for the "evil" spiders like baboons and blondis even though I think they are beautiful so I guess I'm not completely cured of my aracnophobia! ;P

Gail

Al Muoio

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I get a big kick out of my Jumping spiders. I have three of them and they are 1/2 inch each. Its like I have eternal slings!