Favourite T to look at vs. Favourite T to care for?

Rue

Arachnoknight
I know there's a favourite T thread...but it seems a lot of people have many favourites. ;) Which speaks well of T's in general, but makes it hard for beginner to sort through the various species - as pets.

Pick ONE T for each category only:

1. Which is your favourite T - visual (just purely appearance) - and why

2. Which is your favourite T - to handle/care for - and why

If they're both the same species...that's also good to know.

So for example:

1. Favourite to look at: L. violaceopes - because of the beautiful blue colour

2. Favourite to care for: G. pulcra - calm, good eater

Thanks everyone! :D

Lolita

Arachnoknight
Favorite to look at: is my B boehmei nice coloration and shape.
Favorite to care for: it's a toss up between my B smithi's and my B vagan's because they all have great temperments interesting coloring and are fun to handle so i can't choose between the two (i also like my G pulchripes for that reason so i'm super unhelpful here lol)

Rue

Arachnoknight
LOL...looks like the choices are pretty hard to narrow down...:D

Thanks!

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
1. varies with my ever changing moods. i'm back in a red/black phase so P. irminia is high on the list currently (provided i could see it more often :-/)

2. all of my brachys are pretty calm but definitely G. pulchripes all the way. raised it from a bitty .5" sling to 3" now and i cannot think of a single time it haired me. this is the spider that comes out when people want to know more about them, as well as it was the T i learned to pinch grab with.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
1. The Chromatopelma. They have so much color throughout their life. Orange with black bands on the abdomen, bronze-tan on the carapace and legs with dark-tipped feet when they're little. The carapace and legs turning blue as they age and losing the dark toes. It's a visually appealing spider. Mine don't even seem to use their hides.

2. Brachypelma boehmi because even when I open the cage, my sling with usually either just take a few steps or just sit there. Lets me pour her water and take out substrate that has molded uder a bolus. I have not handled her. Just way too small and easy for injury or an escape. She has not tried flicking hairs at me.

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
1. A. versicolor.... The name says it all :D
2. A. geniculata - mine is really good eater, always on the open exploring.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
She has not tried flicking hairs at me.
just give her five minutes if she's anything like mine (i have 2 a 1" sling and a 3" unsexed and both are some of my kickiest spiders) then soon enough you'll be enjoying some hairs they even kick hairs at their food

Tindalos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
L.difficilis, just very awesome to look at.

B.vagans, these guys change their personality everyday so its always something new when I'm working with them.

Rue

Arachnoknight
Thanks guys! I was hoping to see some 'trends'...but there don't appear to be any! {D

I've looked at so many T spp. these last couple of weeks, I'm starting to dream spiders...:D