Favourite enclosure?

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
What's your most favourite enclosure in your collection? Doesn't necessarily have to be pretty or even be an invert enclosure but just post up a pic and say why you like it.
I'm keen to see what people like and why (plus, its a cool pic thread :cool: )

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I had many glassenclosures that i builded myself years ago, but sold off all exept one. So that is my favourite enclosure of the ones i currently have

JayManges

Arachnopeon
This is my most recent enclosure. Got the 20 gal tank and the waterfall brand new from a local auction for $20. Added a piece of 3/4" acrylic to create a little pond. Background was made from black spray foam and a coco fiber and moss mix. Hide was made from 4" diameter PVC covered with spray foam, coco fiber, and moss. I also added some fairy lights in the background and in the hide that is operated by remote control. The substrate is bit damp in the picture but has since dried out. The divider is 100% leak-proof. All told, I put about $50 into this project. BTW, I only run the lights, waterfall, and mister on occasion when I feel like it. They are not on all the time.

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What's your most favourite enclosure in your collection?
The one requiring the LEAST work.

This is my most recent enclosure. Got the 20 gal tank and the waterfall brand new from a local auction for $20. Added a piece of 3/4" acrylic to create a little pond. Background was made from black spray foam and a coco fiber and moss mix. Hide was made from 4" diameter PVC covered with spray foam, coco fiber, and moss. I also added some fairy lights in the background and in the hide that is operated by remote control. The substrate is bit damp in the picture but has since dried out. The divider is 100% leak-proof. All told, I put about $50 into this project. BTW, I only run the lights, waterfall, and mister on occasion when I feel like it. They are not on all the time.
what lives in there?

Last edited by a moderator:

JayManges

Arachnopeon
what lives in there?
As silly as it sounds, I haven't really decided. I put my juvenile L. parahybana in there for a couple pictures and she seems to like it so I was considering putting her in there full time when she gets a little bigger. I was also considering putting in a A. geniculata but the one that I have is still a sling. I'm open for suggestions if anyone has one.

PGRVII

Arachnosquire
This is my Poecilotheria Metallica enclosure, I like it because it was a fun build overall and I really enjoyed crafting her tree she lives in.
It is an exoterra 12x12x24"
20200120_235210.jpg Screenshot_20200329-010143_Instagram.jpg

Chroma Trigger

Brachypelma Collector
Arachnosupporter +
Dang @PGRVII , that looks amazing! I already have a Mini Tall and a cork tube for my P. Metallica... only problem is, that it's still a sling :lol:. So I'll have a loooong time, thinking about a setup. Or I'll just get another, bigger one :smirk:

Meanwhile, here is my A. Avicularia enclosure. It's really simple, but my girl has all she needs. I like the look of a natural cork background and the fake flowers really match her pink toes. They are also very stable and provide great anchor points for webbing. There's a little protrusion in the back that I made with leftover cork, which turned out to be her favorite spot... the cork tube has not been used much as of now. I love the crafting part of the hobby :)

A. Avicularia Enclosure.jpg

PGRVII

Arachnosquire
Dang @PGRVII , that looks amazing! I already have a Mini Tall and a cork tube for my P. Metallica... only problem is, that it's still a sling :lol:. So I'll have a loooong time, thinking about a setup. Or I'll just get another, bigger one :smirk:

Meanwhile, here is my A. Avicularia enclosure. It's really simple, but my girl has all she needs. I like the look of a natural cork background and the fake flowers really match her pink toes. They are also very stable and provide great anchor points for webbing. There's a little protrusion in the back that I made with leftover cork, which turned out to be her favorite spot... the cork tube has not been used much as of now. I love the crafting part of the hobby :)

View attachment 338629
Thats really cool I like the layout. The flower match is way cool too!! Bonus points there for sure.😁 And thank you much,I appreciate that.
The mini talls are way cool,I have a Psalmopoeus pulcher in one with a cork tube hide I modified slightly. Gotta love cork rounds.

This would be a close second for a future Monocentropus Balfouri,the excavator substrate was fun to mess with and make into a burrow. The leaves at the entrance came together cool I thought,along with the "sidehide window". 20200329_200742.jpg 20200329_200758.jpg 20200329_200901.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BepopCola

Arachnobaron
IMG-3279.jpg
It was a 30 gallon hexagon aquarium.
I cracked the door right in half, and nothing is living in it, but it's my favorite!

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
View attachment 338769
It was a 30 gallon hexagon aquarium.
I cracked the door right in half, and nothing is living in it, but it's my favorite!
Hey is that variegated lucky bamboo growing in there (dracaena), I've recently set up a frog tank with that stuff.
What's your thoughts on it as a vivarium plant

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
It's hard to choose a favourite viv, I probs like this one at the moment, we have it as a display in the lounge room and it's the first one I see when I open the front door.
It has an umbrella tree growing in it.
IMG_20200203_191732~2.jpg

BepopCola

Arachnobaron
Hey is that variegated lucky bamboo growing in there (dracaena), I've recently set up a frog tank with that stuff.
What's your thoughts on it as a vivarium plant
They are those dracaena! They're about 2 years old.
I like them a lot as vivarium plants for taller enclosures, along with dwarf umbrellas (Hawaiian Schefflera), I use both in most of my millipede enclosures and they never get eaten.
They're pretty hardy, and I say as someone who has killed a sansevieria. I also almost killed a spider plant and bromeliad, but I'm bringing them back to life!.
They also handle going from straight water into substrate really well. I propagate them out of an aquarium.

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
They are those dracaena! They're about 2 years old.
I like them a lot as vivarium plants for taller enclosures, along with dwarf umbrellas (Hawaiian Schefflera), I use both in most of my millipede enclosures and they never get eaten.
They're pretty hardy, and I say as someone who has killed a sansevieria. I also almost killed a spider plant and bromeliad, but I'm bringing them back to life!.
They also handle going from straight water into substrate really well. I propagate them out of an aquarium.
Thanks for the input, it looks like a good terrarium plant. It's something that I've overlooked and never considered, so far so good in the frog tank though.
You must do alright with it, don't forget there's plenty of keepers out there that struggle with keeping a sterilite tub of plain Coco peat.