Favorite "underated" species?

Cassiusstein

Arachnosquire
Hey everyone, I have a little over 10 Ts now, couple of avics, a G. Pulchra, gbb, and some others. I recently picked up a P. Cambridgei from @cold blood and instantly fell in love, and even bought 2 more from him a few days later (only T I have multiple of) :happy: They're still quite small, but are absolutely gorgeous and incredibly fun to feed. They've quickly become my favorite that I currently own.

So what's your favorite "underated" T?

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
LP Is my best eater and fun to watch dance while she eats. so common and cheap I think many forget about them. i think they are a good looking t as well. I got a big female and three spiderlings from same seller. even the spiderlings eat like crazy and molt once a month. very cool spiders.

Cassiusstein

Arachnosquire
LP Is my best eater and fun to watch dance while she eats. so common and cheap I think many forget about them. i think they are a good looking t as well. I got a big female and three spiderlings from same seller. even the spiderlings eat like crazy and molt once a month. very cool spiders.
There's quite a few LP slings at my local shop, maybe I'll have to pick one up. I just love a good eater

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I like both of my Ephebopus species, uatuman and murinus. I don't see either one very often, but they both do make appearances every so often. Very nice looking spiders, with some attitude as well.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
A sp amazonica, and M robustum. also, O. sp hatihati are quite nice too, i dont see many people with one.

Last edited:

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
Avic sp amazonica and I'll throw n tripepii out there as well

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
Euathlus spec Red. Bought one this weekend and I love it. A lot of people want spiders that get massive like Theraphosa, Acanthoscurria etc. but Euathlus spec Red is the cutest thing I have ever seen.

clive 82

Arachnoknight
Hey everyone, I have a little over 10 Ts now, couple of avics, a G. Pulchra, gbb, and some others. I recently picked up a P. Cambridgei from @cold blood and instantly fell in love, and even bought 2 more from him a few days later (only T I have multiple of) :happy: They're still quite small, but are absolutely gorgeous and incredibly fun to feed. They've quickly become my favorite that I currently own.

So what's your favorite "underated" T?
I don't know if they would be considered under rated but the Aphonopelma species? I have yet to own one but is on the ever growing list.

awiec

Arachnoprince
I don't know if they would be considered under rated but the Aphonopelma species? I have yet to own one but is on the ever growing list.
A.seemani is pretty cool, my female has a huge tunnel system

As for my picks Thrixopelma cyaneolum and Sericopelma generalum are some of my favorites. The former is a very gentle and pretty spider while the latter is a more sassy coffee colored terrestrial but is a great eater.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
^^^This! They´re also less defensive than most OWs (I have never seen a threat pose from my two specimens) and perfect as a first OW terrestrial :)
Don't know how prices go over there, but E.pachypus is definetely not 'dirt cheap' over here. Don't see them often for sale as well.

As for underrated, Tapinauchenius is consistently ignored I think, and dismissed easily because of speed. My T.violaceus is a lovely colour purple with feathery legs, and is visible most of the time.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Don't know how prices go over there, but E.pachypus is definetely not 'dirt cheap' over here. Don't see them often for sale as well.
I bought both mine from the UK. It´s a while back, but I think I payed something like 25 £ for a sub-adult female.

Last edited:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I bought both mine from the UK. It´s a while back, but I think I payed something like 25 £ for a sub-adult female.
I've seen them for sale here for 35/45 euros for a female. Maybe next spring/early summer ill try to order them from the UK. Thanks for the heads up :)