Favorite T?

ShotgunMessage

Arachnopeon
I looked through posts to see if this has been asked before and couldn't find any.

Who's your favorite T?

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Favorite in general, or favorite that we own?

Favorite in general is A. versicolor. Can't help it, just LOVE THEM.

Favorite that I own is more tricky.... I do like Ed, Edd, and Eddy, my Nhandu chromatus triplets... they're very spunky.

But I really love my big G. pulchripes female. She's just an eating machine.

txgsxr

Arachnopeon
Im very new to Ts but iv spent the last two night checking out all the types.

Im going to say my Avicularia sp. "Peru purple".

But iv started a list of ones that I think are the 20 ones I have got to have. lol

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
T.blondi.

Even though they are ugly, hive causingly hairy, blob of a spider, still T.blondi.

Then comes colorful old world climbers for me like P.metallica.

Then everyone's favorite hardy, dry lovin', pretty, eating machine GBB.

Finally the Sopranos of the old world spiders OBT P.murinus. Attitude man, attitude...

Last edited:

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Right now P.irminia love the attitude and they are beautiful T's.

King baboon i like even though its a mean mean mean pet hole lol

OBT of course because its a ruthless little hunter

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Then comes colorful new world climbers for me like P.metallica.
P. metallica is old world.

I guess my favorite would have to be Ephebopus cyanognathus, even if I never do get to see mine. :rolleyes:

kaydyn1512

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's easy

I'm right there with Kori (funny, my name is Cori too). My 2 favorites hands down are the Avicularia versicolor (my 1 1/2yr MM Tili) and the G pulchripes (my big girl Tumtum)! Favorite genes NW: Avicularia OW:poecilotheria I want "to catch'm all" :)

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes, threads like this have been around before, but that's okay - in my opinion, this is a chat forum first, research library second. I think yours is one of those subjects that should be re-visited often to allow newcomers to chime in, and to allow the "been-there-posted-thats" (like me) a chance to change our minds! (Or to stick with our original stories ...)

So I'm paraphrasing myself from one of those previous threads by saying: I love them all, and my pride and joy du jour is Tuppence, my 3/8 " G.rosea - just one heckuva a cute little pinkish monster-in-training! ...

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
The Lp is starting to get a run for it's money by the B. vagans and the Avicularia braunshauseni, with the P. regalis coming on strong :clap:

JuGGaL0K0W

Arachnopeon
P. Murinus by far i got into the hobby about 1 yr ago now and about 6 months in was givin garfield. To me she seems about full grown measuring about 6 1/2 inch's ... loved her so much in fact picking up a juvie just after christmas .

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Poecilotheria bara (aka Poecilotheria subfusca Lowland) is by FAR my most favorite prized Tarantula that I own.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This question has been asked many times, but this is an ever growing forum and new people love the chance to answer it too!

It is hard for me to pick a favorite one, so I will give you my top three.

B. smithi
A. purpurea
A. versicolor

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Out of ones I don't own, G. pulchripes and C. marshelli are my favorites.

Out of what I do own, E. murinus and T. gigas take the cake.

Great Basin Ben

Arachnosquire
Dwarf Aphonopelma Eastern Mojave complex, including Aphonopelma sp. "Paramogoli", and Aphonopelma sp. "hualapai". Full grown, they're not much bigger than a 5o cent piece!

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
on looks alone, i'd say C. elegans is pretty high up on the list, but my propensity for acquiring black and red spiders make me say P. irminia. best bang for your buck, i think. super cheap as slings, eat really well and grow fast, and become gorgeous adults.

on behaviour alone in my collection, nothing has endeared me quite like my weirdo B. boehmei, wrex, whom i've mentioned on several occasions on threads like these. gotta love a T who's always out, eating (when i let him), and sitting on top of his hide waiving {D.

Poecilotheria bara (aka Poecilotheria subfusca Lowland) is by FAR my most favorite prized Tarantula that I own.
if i owned one, it would be my favourite for sure!

Last edited:

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
For me, probably the OBT. Difficult to kill, pretty looking, makes either a burrow or a web, and eats just about anything. I also like my Nhandu chromatus because it is just an eating machine! He is always hungry, but so is my OBT.

I really like all of the T's in my collection, or else I probably wouldn't have bought them...but sometimes you are disappointed.

--Dan;)