Favorite scorpion(s)

StampFan

Arachnodemon
I see there hasn't been a thread like this in a while, and at least where I live, the number of species available has increased, so I'm curious of folks with scorpion collections what *your* favorite/must have species are and why? There are no right/wrong answers, I'm just interested in experienced keepers' opinions.

Sounds like a beginner/newbie question, but I don't see any discussions like this recently, and I'm legitimately interested in what other people like (and why). Get some new ideas before attending an expo.....

Thanks!

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Apistobuthus pterygocerus
Heterometrus swammerdami
Parabuthus villosus
Hottentotta (I love the color variety usually aggressive feeders but favorite species is yet to be determined as I only kept H.hottentotta, H.trilineatus, H.judaicus)
Uroplectes (see above)

I had to really give this some thought but this is difficult to say.

Sillver

Arachnosquire
Right now I have 3 C. gracilis, 3 H.Petersii, 1 H.spinifer, 1 P.Imperator, 1 S.Mesaensis, 1 L. Hebraeus "orange morph", 1 H. Franzwerneri and 1 Paravaejovis confusus. I got to say the confusus I my current favorite right now just because it's so tiny(1/4") and cute.

Going to a expo this weekend and I'm hoping to pick up 1 or 2 Chaerilus variegatus and a Hadogenes troglodytes if I can find 1 or 2 at a decent price.

MikeC

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I really like Parabuthus transvaalicus. Always made a point to have one in my collection.
They look really impressive, they get very big, and they have a fantastic feeding response! They’re also usually readily available pretty cheap, at least in the US.

I’ve been wanting to add P. villosus. Have been told they have a fun tendency to wander about, which you don’t see a lot.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Right now I have 3 C. gracilis, 3 H.Petersii, 1 H.spinifer, 1 P.Imperator, 1 S.Mesaensis, 1 L. Hebraeus "orange morph", 1 H. Franzwerneri and 1 Paravaejovis confusus. I got to say the confusus I my current favorite right now just because it's so tiny(1/4") and cute.

Going to a expo this weekend and I'm hoping to pick up 1 or 2 Chaerilus variegatus and a Hadogenes troglodytes if I can find 1 or 2 at a decent price.
I wish we'd see Chaerilus more commonly in the US hobby.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
I really like Parabuthus transvaalicus. Always made a point to have one in my collection.
They look really impressive, they get very big, and they have a fantastic feeding response! They’re also usually readily available pretty cheap, at least in the US.

I’ve been wanting to add P. villosus. Have been told they have a fun tendency to wander about, which you don’t see a lot.
P.villosus is the only scientifically recognized diurnal species of scorpion in the world atm.

Sillver

Arachnosquire

I may have to look into getting a Parabuthus transvaalicus. Not right now, maybe closer to Christmas. It was one I was interested in and it's about $65 here in my area, so it's not that expensive.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
I may have to look into getting a Parabuthus transvaalicus. Not right now, maybe closer to Christmas. It was one I was interested in and it's about $65 here in my area, so it's not that expensive.
Its the temperature requirements that have kept me from getting one up until this point.

Mordax8393

Arachnoknight
1. Apistobuthus pterygocerus
2. Chaerilus pictus
3. Superstitionia donensis
4. Tityus magnimanus
5. Parabuthus villosus
6. Androctonus australis "Hector"
7. Smeringurus vachoni

woodie

Arachnosquire
I see there hasn't been a thread like this in a while, and at least where I live, the number of species available has increased, so I'm curious of folks with scorpion collections what *your* favorite/must have species are and why? There are no right/wrong answers, I'm just interested in experienced keepers' opinions.

Sounds like a beginner/newbie question, but I don't see any discussions like this recently, and I'm legitimately interested in what other people like (and why). Get some new ideas before attending an expo.....

Thanks!
Apistobuthus pterygocerus
Hottentotta sousai
Would love to have Tityus asthenes again.
Would like to see some Microbuthus in the hobby, Tiny and tank like