Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Favorite Scorpion Food

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Keith, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Keith

Keith Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    I feed my scoprions ckickets occasionaly, but their main diet consists of mealworms. The reason for this is that it takes very little time or space to harvest them yourself, basicaly providing you with a free source of food. What is your favorite food source?

2. carpe scorpio

carpe scorpio Arachnoking Old Timer

I use only crickets, but I have a 10g tank devoted to just keeping them.

3. Brian S

Brian S ArachnoGod Old Timer

I usually feed crickets as well. I will sometimes feed mine a big katydid or grasshopper. A couple of months ago when all those brown beetles were flying around the porch light, I got to feeding them to my emperors. Those emps would crush the beetle with their chela which was cool to watch since the beetles exoskeleton is so hard.

4. TresScorps

TresScorps Arachnosquire Old Timer

Va
    Feeding

I Feed my Hadrurus arizonensis about 8 crickets a week and 1 or 2 meal worms , i feed my asian forrest about 6 crickets a week , she wont eat meal worms .. My emps eat crickets , meal worms , and they love a pinkie once a month ..

5. leiurus

leiurus Arachnobaron

Wow! Thats too much! I feed my spadix about 2 crickets per 2 weeks and its enough! Don't feed em like this! 4 crickets per month is perfect :(

Dom

6. Stormcrow

Stormcrow Arachnoknight Old Timer

I feed my cadre of scorpions and Widows a mixture of crickets and mealworms, both a most nutrious protein diet. Also, will drop in june bugs once they're in season and are attracted to the porch lights too. Miscellaneous creature from the garden are also occassionally given the arachnids, but that is always a judgement call because you don't want the feed your captives something poorly nourished or malnourished or poisoned.

7. PIter

PIter Arachnoangel Old Timer

What should I feed my feeders to make sure my scorpions get all the nourishment they need?

Feed my feeders.
    Peter

8. alex

alex Arachnobaron Old Timer

I only feed with crickets, which I breed.

9. TresScorps

TresScorps Arachnosquire Old Timer

Va

leiurus ? my desert hairy is not fat , i think he's in perfect shape . his previous owner had been feeding him 2 crickets every other day , I wouldnt feed him as much , but everytime i do throw in a cricket , he eats it almost instantly , He is also a verry verry active digger , wich iam sure makes him more hungry .. But if this is true and i should stop feeding him what he's use too , i will , can i get a little feedback on what you guys would do ? :?

-tre-

Attached Files:

10. alex

I would feed him like you do if he's doing well.

11. carpe scorpio

carpe scorpio Arachnoking Old Timer

I use naturezone dry cricket-bites, no stink and they grow like crazy.

12. alex

I feed my crickets with fish food.

13. ScorpDude

ScorpDude Arachnoangel Old Timer

i feed mine cheap dog biscuit (the complete meal stuff) and some cucumber or whatever

edit - thats what i feed my crickets, the scorpions get crickets and if i find something extra juicy in the garden, they get that.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2004
  14. leiurus

leiurus Arachnobaron

When did you get it? I think 4 crickets per month is enough! In the desert, they don't eat a lot. Yours will become fat soon if you feed it like this. I feed all my scorpions with crickets and sometimes grasshoppers.

Bye

Dom

15. Wolvie56X

Wolvie56X Arachnobaron Old Timer

i feed mine a mixture of crickets and lobster roaches, my roach colony if blooming finally, so i spoil my scorps

also feed my big asian forest giant hissing roaches once a month and crickets in between

my T's love the roaches and i feed my pedes the roaches too, but i mix it up alot

16. I feed mine lizards, they love them!

17. LordScrub

LordScrub Arachnopeon

caught a scorp

i caught a baby scorpion in my backyard about 30 mins ago, what is a good food for it, and how do i water it? this is my first time ever finding a live scorpion.

18. TheNothing

TheNothing Arachnoprince Old Timer

like most people said above
    crickets work just fine
    and can be found at most all pet stores

19. juggalo69

juggalo69 Arachnobaron Old Timer

I feed mine Fluker's orange cube and Fluker's calcium fortified cricket quencher. My crix and scorps both seem healthy so it must be doing the trick. :clap:

20. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Arachnodemon Old Timer

I feed my A. Australis crickets, and large grass hoppers and beatles i try to mix it up, i think its healthyer to do that anyways

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.