Favorite Roaches

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I like red runners. I just don’t enjoy keeping them on hand.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
New favorite genus: Pilema sp., burrow roaches, favorite subfamily is now the Perisphaerinae. 😁

Thyrsocera spectabilis are pretty high up on my wishlist too, as well as Panchlora sp. "White", Eushelfordia pica, Homalosilpha kryzhanovskii, and others.

Last edited:

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Good lord, I forgot I started this thread lol. I'd probably say Gyna is my favorite genus. I love the aggressive response to food and the entertaining spaziness of the adults. Very pretty too.

BepopCola

Arachnobaron
My favorite have to be Blaberidae sp. “ Little Kenyans.”
I like the lack of wings and that they don't feel like roaches when they climb on you.

Marika

Arachnoangel
Archimandrita tesselata is my favorite species. Very big and fun to keep.

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Personally I’m more into the novelty of “pet” roach species. I like Elliptorhina because they’re generally more colorful than other hissers. Also a big fan of Lucihormetica and Therea spp (again, mainly for appearance).

AuroraLights

Arachnosquire
I don't have any at the moment because I can't keep them at uni, but I would love to have Pseudoglomeris magnifica. :happy:
My other favourite is the Perisphaerus genus, because of the parental care they have. I fell in love with them after reading this article.

omni

Arachnobaron
I've had a couple species for display. other than feeders, I keep Panchlora nivea because they are cute and green, but they don't come out in the day, I have to lift up the moss to check if they are still in there haha. I really want to get some of those silver extinct cave roaches.

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Red runners as feeders, blaberus giganteus as display specimens, eublaberus posticus for feeding response/euthanization system for mismolted or dead invertebrates, and I'm currently looking to find some archiblatta.