Favorite poecilotheria?

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
IMO you can never really say a T is overrated unless you've kept it for yourself. ;)

creepa

Arachnoknight
I realy dont like my own answer because i am more of a ugly angry brown/black spider kind of guy but i have to say my juvenile female P. metallica...

I bought my pair just because and she is allways in the open wandering her enclosure hunting for food and then going back to her corktube...

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I just saw a P.regalis for $99.99, size is about 5". Is this a good buy? Comes with a nice enclosure. 6x12x6". Unknown sex.
No :-s
for that price I can have two female 'Pokies' including the (in)famous P.metallica. That price, size & unsexed is IMO a bit shady combination, like Misty Day said.

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
I have not kept a poke yet. They are all nice looking but P. rufilata and ornata stand out to me because of the size they can reach. Plus the slight green tones rufilata can achieve are offered very few and far between in the Tarantula world.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
I have P. regalis sling and P. metallica juvie...both of them are awesome. P. metallica is a bit bigger at about 2.5 inches now and P. regalis is around 1.5. My P. regalis is fast as hell but relatively even tempered but my P. metallica is a total spaz and will do laps in its deli container at the slightest vibration. Really hard to choose though...might go with P. metallica because its adult coloration is starting to come through and it is gorgeous. The pokie that I REALLY want to get next is a P. subfusca highland. I absolutely love the darker colors.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I have not kept a poke yet. They are all nice looking but P. rufilata and ornata stand out to me because of the size they can reach. Plus the slight green tones rufilata can achieve are offered very few and far between in the Tarantula world.
rufilata are nice, but any other pokie beats them out in appearance. they really arent that nice looking in person.

cold blood

Staff member
I don't need forceps or anything.
Ahhh, yes you do...this complacency is exactly why people get tagged by them. I know someone who had this same feeling about a regalis, one day she went in to get the water dish and in a flash it was on her hand....now she got lucky and didn't get tagged, but she also doesn't go in without tongs anymore either.

I just saw a P.regalis for $99.99, size is about 5". Is this a good buy? Comes with a nice enclosure. 6x12x6". Unknown sex. I could not get a good look because of all the webbing and dirt on the glass.
Sex of a pokie over 3" is pretty much never unknown...aside from being really really easy to sex, they're constantly on the walls, making an easy sex job, that much easier. It should take all of about 3 seconds to be able to tell...heck a regalis you could tell dorsally, just ask for a pic. Don't pull the trigger until you can be sure its female.

$100-130 is about where female regalis would be priced, so if its female, its well priced.....if its male its worth about $40 to a breeder once it matures...which would almost certainly be the next molt.