Favorite New World Display Species

Dman

Arachnosquire
Let us never lose sight of the fact that coloration, although pretty, may not always be the primary indicator of visual appeal. I would submit another factor of display awesomeness is to be found in mass. I love looking at this girl, and knowing she could beat up all my other T’s, and yes, even the Genic. All hail L. klugi!!! View attachment 333283
G. pulchra would have to be in that category close to the top of the list.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Interesting...The Phormictopus genus is known for being fast. What is the ambient temperature that it is being raised under?
Yes they are. The P cancerides and P cancerides "green" i have had in the past hsbe grown very fast. I dont think its the temperature? In the summer i have 26 degrees and in the winter 21 degrees

Cully

Arachnopeon
I've seen it called two different names:
Phormictopus sp green femur gold carapace
Phormictopus sp Hispaniola

The Phormictopus genus really needs som revision. When I get into work, I'll post an image of another of my favorite Phormictopus.

View attachment 333222
This is Phormictopus sp purple
To add to these unbelievable Phormictopus species (all of which I will be getting...), I would add Phormictopus auratus.
edit: Someone already said it so Ill just reaffirm since I cant delete...

SteveIDDQD

Arachnosquire
Along with what's already been said, Pamphobetius would be up there for me. I only have a big sling/small juvi Sp. Manabi, and it's alwas out, always active, and is always ready to eat. Never seems to hide either, and plenty of interesting colours going on.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
To add to these unbelievable Phormictopus species (all of which I will be getting...), I would add Phormictopus auratus.
edit: Someone already said it so Ill just reaffirm since I cant delete...
The ones that are the most readily available are the Phormictopus cancerdes and the Phormictopus auratus. Other Phormictopus are less available and will definitely cost more coin.

Phormictopus sp azul (Blue) is quite beautiful. I just need to find a good image

The cool thing about Phormictopus cancerdes is that within even the same eggsac there is such a divergence of color amongst the spiders

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
Just wondering what everyone's favorite NW "display" species is? One that is more out in the open than others, but also stunning to looks at. I know stunning to look at is a little subjective! I'm looking to add 2-3 more to my collection. I have a GBB on my list, and at least one from the Pamphobeteus guenus.
I have: A. seemanni, B. smithi, C. versicolor, G. pulchra, T. albopilosum.

Thanks!
Mine is usually hidden away most of the time, but I’ve heard from other keepers that T. stirmi (as well as T. blondi and T. apophysis, for that matter) usually stay out in the open, and they make for great display Ts, just because of their immense size.

Here’s a picture of my girl, when she was around 7”-7.5”....
1581193248449.jpeg