Favorite Brachypelma? (Tlitocatl too)

F1tarantula

Arachnopeon
Me personally, I love the Brachypelma Emilia and the Albiceps. I also love the Brachypelma smithi ex. annitha. My favorite tliltocatl is the curly hair tarantula, even though I have found T sabulosus in the wild.

This is my B Emilia, Taco

Attachments

Cmac2111

Arachnomac
Arachnosupporter
Same, Albiceps & Emilia stand out to me aesthetically. Particularly Emilia. All Brachys are top tier spiders though IMO (B. boehmei is also right up there).

image_67210241 (1).JPG
image_67506689.JPG

Last edited:

Cmac2111

Arachnomac
Arachnosupporter
Beautiful specimens!! Are they both laid back? I can't wait for my Emilia to get bigger!
My emilia is laid back but reclusive, the albiceps is unpredictable... will go from being calm one day to skittish, flicky & potentially defensive the next... A great display T though.

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
B. boehmi and B. auratum followed by B. hamorii.

Brachypelma used to be common in the trade here in Korea but now they're virtually nonexistent. My local breeder has all AFs of all three of these (his AF hamorii is one of the display animals in his shop, alongside a 15" Scolopendra "White Legs", an AF genic, an AF T. seladonia and various scorps), so I'm really waiting on him to start breeding these.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
All 8 Brachys are stunners, boehmei being my favorite.. For Tlilts, albopilosus is easily the standout with its looks and vagans has a nice black and red contrast. You can't go wrong with any really.

DuneElliot

Arachnosquire
B. boehmi for sure for me...it's the only one I'd think about owning.
I don't know that I have a favorite of the other yet but own a vagans and albo...the only ones I wanted

Mustafa67

Arachnopeon
Me personally, I love the Brachypelma Emilia and the Albiceps. I also love the Brachypelma smithi ex. annitha. My favorite tliltocatl is the curly hair tarantula, even though I have found T sabulosus in the wild.

This is my B Emilia, Taco
For me, B Smithi, B Bohemi and B baumgarteni. I love all Brachys though

mealworm

Arachnopeon
My B bohemi and B hamorii both around 10 years old. Had em since slings. Slow growing, long lived and beautiful. 20230317_142233.jpg 20230317_142316.jpg

tarantulas118

Arachnoknight
I’ve only kept b. Boehmei so that’s my favorite (so far) and I’ve always been drawn to tlittocatl epicureanus
heres my boehmei of when I first got it and now (she molted once so far)
C56D1D39-95D4-4B3F-963A-85706DA13D3F.jpeg
D331DFD0-4B01-4CC8-9F8E-03E6A0B3EC37.jpeg

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Has a visible colored triangle, does that mean it’s a hybrid or not? Just a locality?
Some have a bit of a "mask" going on, but it's nowhere as pronounced as on emilia. I'd think a boehmei/emilia hybrid would have much darker coloration. That being said, I do not condone the production of hybrids. The bloodlines have been muddled enough as it is due to careless people or misidentification, for example, many have bred T. albo with T. vagans or T. vagans with a more closely related species such as T. epicureanus or T. sabulosus. I wouldn't be surprised that a lot of B. hamorii with B. smithi pairings could have occurred without people really knowing. I think I know a knowledgeable keeper who has a baumgarteni/boehmei hybrid in his collection and treats it as a showpiece animal with 0 intentions of breeding it.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I would say for Brachypelam, B. auratum, and for Tliltocatl, T. schroederi!