Favorite Baboon

phily1579

Arachnopeon
OBt. The badest and Fastest T in the Hobby! Just my opionion.
bow :worship: OBT

Lorum

Arachnosquire
I don't own one, but maybe Augacephalus junodi could be my favorite one. But I also like Heteroscodra maculata and Eucratoscelus spp. (they are not my favorite species, but I think they deserve to be mentioned).:D

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
This is like asking someone to pick their favorite Italian Pasta dish... :?

Each and every Baboon Spider in my collection has their own set of traits I find pleasing/attractive

Personally - mainly because I've raised her form 1cm to her current 6"+ size is my Stromatopelma calceatum gets my #1 vote. She taught me what real speed was.

My C. darlingi is quite an awesome spider too.

for shear enjoyment it's tough to beat P. murinus their webbing and broad range of personalities, ease of breeding, heartiness of the species makes them an all around GREAT baboon.

C. crawshayi have their own unique beauty, but have a higher "bore" potential.

E. pachypus is very under-rated but also under-seen. Each of mine is a true pet hole. but you have to love the fuzzy bell-bottoms.

the Horned species of Ceratogyrus are all great.

the other Pterinochilus species i.e. lugardi and chordatus well they get the short end of the stick due to their cousin's orange color and legendary personality, I find P. chordatus to be mellow and just awesomely colored, like black walnut. I prefer natural colors to the bright blues and yellows of the Indian T's

However I made an exception with my M. balfouri :)
He combines the natural with the blue.

hmmm I make no attempts to hide my bias toward the African T's ;)