Favorite Avicularia species

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
If you could only choose one member of the Avicularia genus to add your collections, which species would you pick? I've been seeing some beautiful pictures of this genus lately and was just curious.

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
juruensis morphotype 2, and I'm glad this is the name now... something about 'urticans' always irritated me!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Is there much of a colour difference between Variegata morphs or are they just from different localities
No, they are RADICALLY different looking. Though both share my favorite fiber optic setae. For my 10k post I was going to up a pic. Since you asked, I'll up now.

The color and pattern in my pic is of a juvie, BUT that is what they look like as adults, at least females.

Last edited:

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Avicularia Avicularia. I'm a basic bitch.
I’m with you! I’m not particularly focused on appearance anymore, as one has a tendency when first getting into the hobby (sorry @basin79), but on behavior and individual quirks. My A. Avic is by far my most laid back spider. She acts like she smokes weed constantly. I have to physically move her around with my finger, or she won’t move while I’m working in the enclosure, which through my stupidity actually cost her a leg one time because when I placed the lid back on the enclosure she just stayed put unflinchingly and I didn’t know the tip of her her leg was caught. I dropped a worm in for her a couple weeks ago and it landed right on her. It moved around on top of her for a good three minutes before she, in her sloth-like movement, turned around, brushed it off, and ate. She’s flipping tremendous.

Last edited: