Fav scorps and why

neveragain

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
everyone's favorite scorpion?

i dont think there have been any threads like this, but if there was, i appologize.

so whats yours? pics would be nice :)

of course i havent kept many different species, but mine right now is my A. phaiodactylus simply becuase they are so small, but are tougher than my emporers and flat rock ;P

today i dropped a mealworm in to see if he would eat it (i never tried these with him before) and instantly got in pissed off stance. then right after my camera went off, he turned to me like he was going to kill me.

before the first picture:

Attachments

neveragain

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
after the first picture:

sorry for bad quality. my camera isnt too good.

Attachments

Reitz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
C. gracilis. They're active, large, good eaters, they have a great look, and they climb, which is always fun to watch a scorpion do.

H. spadix are neat too, but there's just something about those arboreals.

Chris

Richard_uk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is one nice scorpion!
Deffo one to add to my wants list.

My favourite is my Hadrurus arizonensis. Its such an amazing scorp. Its like having a little piece of living art in my room, the tank never looks the same two days running. I have never caught him digging though!

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Draw between C. margaritatus and H. spadix. All other Centruroides and Hadrurus not far behind. I can say I do love O. ecristatus and P. transvaalicus a lot mroe than most too! heheh... and I like.... and I like....

adios,
edw. :D

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What is your ultimately favorite species of scorpion you own now or in the past?

I was just curious what Scorpion species is your ultimate favorite out of all the various scorpion species in the pet trade. I can tell you for a fact I just love Emperor Scorpions. Over the past ten years or so I've owned three of them. I have to say my current Scorpion, Destroyer, is my ultimate fave Emp I've owned over the years.

Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I really liked my h. arizonensis. I only got 3 different species.. So not much to say.. :)

(Edited, I didn't answered correctly to the question :))

Frank

Last edited:

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My favorite is my 4 H.spadix with my 2 P.leiosoma a close second.:D

Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What does your 2 p. leiosoma has so special to be close seconds?

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by FrankQC
I really liked my h. arizonensis. I only got 3 different species.. So not much to say.. :)

(Edited, I didn't answered correctly to the question :))

Frank
Don't feel bad. I only have three breeds of Scorpions myself. But that will change soon. ;)

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i only have Asian Forests and i love them, theyll be big when they mature, and theyre pretty agressive with their claws

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by chuck
i only have Asian Forests and i love them, theyll be big when they mature, and theyre pretty agressive with their claws
I'm thinking of getting an Asian Forest. In fact I ordered one from Bill Stanton at Invertepets.com. From the pictures I've seen of them, they look pretty radical and thiose claws are huge. Are there any good Caresheets out there for these scorpions?

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Mine would be Androctonus bicolor\ Black Fattail I love the way they look wicked. Also Centruroides exilicauda\ Arizona Bark Scorpion would run a close second.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I should have posted this before but if you have any pictures of your favorite scorpions you own, by all means post them in here. I'll search the back threads to find a few of my fave scorpion Destroyer.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My Favorite Scorpion, the Emperor (Pandinus imperator)

Here's my Emp Destroyer. She's my favorite of all the Emps I've owned in the past.

Diao

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have only owned Pandinus imperator and Heterometrus spinifer, but I would say that my favorties of all scorpions are Pandinus cavimanus. They are the most wicked looking scorpions in my opinion. The females aren't too exciting, but the males sure do catch your eye. Wow. I need to get a few of them.

whoami?

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's hard to pick my favourite. It's a tie between either P. imperator or H. arizonensis.

Which doesn't mean too much, since those are the only species of scorpion I've ever owned.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Diao
I have only owned Pandinus imperator and Heterometrus spinifer, but I would say that my favorties of all scorpions are Pandinus cavimanus. They are the most wicked looking scorpions in my opinion. The females aren't too exciting, but the males sure do catch your eye. Wow. I need to get a few of them.
I have a female Pandinus cavimanus. What Sasori doesn't have in coloration she more than makes up for in attitude. She throws up threat postures like crazy. I love her to death for her feistiness.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
This question gets tougher the more you've owned. My favourite "pet" scorpion genus is Opisthacanthus. My favourite all-round would probably be either C.gracilis or P.transvaalicus.

My dream scorp is still Tityus serrulatus. Attractive, hot and parthanogenic .. can't be beat.

Cheers,
Dave

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Ditto to Dave...it does get more difficult...there are many for different reasons...Tityus ocelote because it just looks so cool as far as the dream scorp....As far as ones that I have owned is a tough question...I can't really say...I like the attitude of the V.coahuilae I recently caught in NM...I also like M.martensii for the attitude though either is not that fancy to look at...

G.flavopiceus would have to be one of the best looking scorps I have owned...also have quite an attitude too. U. mordax is also another one of my new species that is quite attractive...though they are quite mellow in attitude.

Like Dave expressed...it is a tough question and I have kept at one time or another 'only' 15 species. I would even be more difficult if that number were doubled or tripled.

John
];')