Fattning up youre t

VENOMdeBEEVER

Arachnopeon
I got some new Ts and my new G.rosea is a little skinny. Ive had her for 3 weeks and ive been feeding her a cockroach every night and shes been taking them everynight. Shes not really getting any bigger ( her abdomen ) but I can tell shes getting comfortable.my questions are

1-what should I feed her to get some weight in her?

2- is there a time limit to how long a meal should last a T?

3- Pinky mice ?? ( good or bad )

4- can you over feed a T ( like goldgfish )

5. I also dont want any problems come her next molt and I dont know if its good or bad to put weight on them fast or slowly. Like when I fed my smithi that mouse ( bad me ) she was twice the size after. Now she looks like every1 elses I see. was it bad for her to gain that much weight that fast ( 24 hours ) ?

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
1-what should I feed her to get some weight in her?
Dubias, Locusts and or crickets

2- is there a time limit to how long a meal should last a T?
Nope it varies

3- Pinky mice ?? ( good or bad )
Bad, we've been here before no......?

4- can you over feed a T ( like goldfish )
Not really as a tarantula will stop eating when it feels full, although over feeding isn't recommended as if it takes a fall it could get injured easier....

5. I also dont want any problems come her next molt and I dont know if its good or bad to put weight on them fast or slowly. Like when I fed my smithi that mouse ( bad me ) she was twice the size after. Now she looks like every1 elses I see. was it bad for her to gain that much weight that fast ( 24 hours ) ?
Personally I would fast her until she looks healthier and yeah its not cool making your tarantula obese......

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't know about feeding daily, I think thats a bit much, I feed my Ts twice a week. Pics of her would also help :)

VENOMdeBEEVER

Arachnopeon
my smithi is fine shes the 1 i gave the mouse to. My G.rosea is skinny so im not understanding why you said to fast her. she looks healthy no marks anywhere she just skinny.shes also pooping fine to wich i just saw last night for the 1st time and called brian to see of that was normall. lol It looked like white paint or bird poo. eeewwww

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
my smithi is fine shes the 1 i gave the mouse to. My G.rosea is skinny so im not understanding why you said to fast her. she looks healthy no marks anywhere she just skinny.shes also pooping fine to wich i just saw last night for the 1st time and called brian to see of that was normall. lol It looked like white paint or bird poo. eeewwww
I said to fast the Brachypelma smithi as you made it fat???

Yeah and thats what tarantula pap looks like....

VENOMdeBEEVER

Arachnopeon
nice. I noticed you dont have an OBT in yo collection. y not. I got 1 and i think its gonna be a pethole

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
nice. I noticed you dont have an OBT in yo collection. y not. I got 1 and i think its gonna be a pethole
I sold both of my OBT's......

Lets just say, we didn't get along very well :)

Although I miss them and still think they reek of awesomeness :)

VENOMdeBEEVER

Arachnopeon
I got mine because i want an aggressive 1 I wanna see that threat pose and the hissing. and no I do not plan on pokeing the OBT just watching and feeding.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I got mine because i want an aggressive 1 I wanna see that threat pose and the hissing. and no I do not plan on pokeing the OBT just watching and feeding.
Well you made a good choice :)

I may buy a few when I get home, I always miss Dave :(