Fat Rodent

324r350

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Can anyone ID this expansive pest? Should I best attempt release or dispose?

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Can you release him in a field some place? I think he'd probably prefer that to the alternative. :)

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
Looks like a Vole.... not sure though. Let it go!

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I'm gonna go with OldHag and say it's a vole. Exactly what type, I'm not sure. But it has the eyes, ears, and body shape. It looks similar to the meadow voles I have caught here, at any rate.

example #1

example #2

example #3

I don't think they are considered vermin like rats, (although they might be considered agricultural pests), so I'd let it go.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah, it looks like a vole, I've never heard of them going into human dwellings though. We have them in the woods around my mom's house, or at least the cats will kill one occasionally and eat it on the porch. {D

As far as I know they're harmless, just let it go in a nice field or wooded area someplace.

324r350

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I am shocked to hear it is a vole. Heres why: I have been seeing it out of the corner of my eye many nights for several weeks now, and it pulls a Houdini act. It used to activatedthe motion sensor light at night sometimes and has went in and out of the house often. I put the trap out for a reason: to catch this particular animal where I often see it. There are thousands of vole tunnels on all the properties but I did not think they prefered human dwellings. I froze it on parent orders, sorry all.

Dark

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I froze it on parent orders, sorry all.
:eek: . not everyday to people prefer to throw a live animal into a freezer where food is stored then just release it somewhere else. then again some may say I shouldn't be talking....

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Looks like you cuaght a spider as well.:embarrassed:

later, Tom

JLDomestics

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Voles are relatively common so whether you release it or exterminate it, it won't make a difference (unless of course your a softy and if killing it will give you nightmares or something like that).

eelnoob

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Can't stand mice and rats but that thing is actually cute in a way:confused:

JLDomestics

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I caught one one time when I was a kid but it fell off of my pool table and busted its hind legs and died a few days later. All it ever wanted to do was bite me anyways. Killing it won't affect the wild population any so don't sweat it.