Fat Pacman?

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey, saw the other thread, it got me thinking about my lil guy, im wondering if this dude is overweight?
pics arent bad considering its my phone, hehe

titus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Now I know what a Pacman frog is (here they go by another name). It looks to be about the avarage size I've seen around.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
He doesn't seem to be having any problems with the fatty deposits under his eyes, and that's the only sign of obesity I know to look for with them. He's round like a tennis ball and not ridiculously bulging from any other fat buildups...I'd say he's probably good. Cute, too! :)

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When in the mood, do they call?
i also have a young tomato frog, apprently they do when they get older.
I really enjoy my firebelly toads, only one male to 6ladies..he 'woops' like crazy, you can hear it outside the front of the house!, theyr kept at the back,hehe

Frogsarethapoop

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Definately not overweight. That is about the ideal size you want your frog to be. Doesn't look very old, I would say a year or less. I have seen horned frogs that were more than twice as wide as they were long - that is overweight!

And yes they do call if they are male, and guessing by the last pic you posted yours does appear to be male.

Aeakins

Arachnopeon
Yea, man he's good. I'm not the einstien with frogs , but I have learned you can never feed your pacman too much! (; They grow really FAST!
Now I want one...G thanks (;

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol, another thing, how can you sex them? am i able to sex my tomato frog with the same rule? and yep hes under a year old.
Awesome little thing!

Thanks!

Frogsarethapoop

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Juvenile tomatos tend to be dull in colour and brighten up as they mature. At mature size females tend to be almost twice as big as males, and females also tend to be a much brighter colour.