FAT curly sling pics

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
here are some pics.....sorry the quality isnt good .......the only thing i have that will do extreme close ups is my webcam...

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
holy crap Kosh....they look ready to explode LOL!
Wow....and I thought mine were starting to look plump....
yours give a new meaning to the word ;)

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
funny thing is, that wasn't the fattest one but in the couple of hours between when i checked them and when i took the pics.....the fattest one must have took a dump.....he isnt so fat now....so now i think the one pictured is the fattest!!
=D :rolleyes: :D ;)

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
You all think thats fat? You havent seen my curly hair. He has to drag his bum around.

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by kosh
here are some pics.....sorry the quality isnt good .......the only thing i have that will do extreme close ups is my webcam...
I'm assuming that you "power feed" your slings. How often do you feed yours and what does their diet consist of?

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Although it's pretty normal for well fed slings to have huge distended abdomens, watch out when it's an adult. Curlies in particular have been known to get severly abraded abdomens from dragging them around, sometimes leading to fatal accidents during molting. There is documentation of this in "The Tarantula Keeper's Guide".

Wade

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i feed them every other day.....and i have 1/2 inch crickets i tear legs off and feed slings a rear leg and then cut the heads off and cut the bodies in half...feed body parts and heads to slings......

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have slings that are so fat, their butts are the biggest parts of their bodies. I feed them on random occasions.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
My B.Smithi is very fat too. One of these days Ill take a picture...

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Kosh,
My curly sling has molted every 30 days. It was that size, 3/8" when I got it. Its 1 1/4" now, after 3 molts. Tonight it ate a hugh cricket, I mean a gut loaded, hugh sucker. I also remove its legs.

See ya,
Ern

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
MrT, has your curly sling started to show colors yet? if so...at what point did it stop looking like a generic little spiderling (as in the pics) and start looking like a Curly Hair Tarantula??
got any current pics of it you can post or email me?
also...you said it went from 3/8 to 1 1/4 in 3 moults (90 days i assume).....do you now or have you, in the past, been "power feeding" the curly sling?? if not what is your feeding schedule for the sling?

Last edited:

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Kosh,
Its showing great color after this last molt. Has alot of redish hair now. Its abdoman is kinda redish brown with a dark brown 1/4" spot on it, looks like velvet. A far cry from 90 days ago. I'd say it started showing color changes from the 1st molt. It'll be fun for ya, sure has been for me. =D

Curly Ernie

PS, I feed the crickets Flukers cricket feed before I feed the T. Sometimes I'll dust the cricket too.

Last edited: