Fasting, on and on..

avocadoflavo

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone,

I am actually very concern about my aureo spider. She has not touched any cricket for 15 days. My spider is about half a year old. I am using vermiculite, so there is no molts. She used to grab her cricket as soon as in her reach or if she missed, she used to hunt them in the vivarium until success. She was a very cool pet, but now I don't know what to do. What should I do ?

Thanx!

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Shes probably fasting like you mentioned in your title. Grammostola spp. IME fast a long time. As long as the T doesn't have a small abdomen it should be fine, just make sure it has a full waterdish. Who knows it could be in premolt. Whens the last time it molted?

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Sounds like pre-moult. Just leave it be. As long as the abdomen looks full it'll be OK.

dang your fast Novak !

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello everyone,

I am actually very concern about my aureo spider. She has not touched any cricket for 15 days. My spider is about half a year old. I am using vermiculite, so there is no molts. She used to grab her cricket as soon as in her reach or if she missed, she used to hunt them in the vivarium until success. She was a very cool pet, but now I don't know what to do. What should I do ?

Thanx!
I wouldn't worry too much. It sounds to me that she might be in premolt or not hungry. Either way I would make sure she has water available when she's not feeding. I would also keep an eye on her abdomen size and make sure it doesn't shrink or shrivel. If she's acting normally besides not feeding then she should be fine.

avocadoflavo

Arachnopeon
My regards

Hello again,

It seems everthing is normal. I am happy about eveybodys comments. By the way, Novak, she last molted around the first of july.

Thank you again